High and Low Alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I turned off the high alarms as I scan often anyway and don't want alarms going off when it's just after a meal and could probably be expected to be outside target range anyway. I have had enough problems with alarms going off when low but set that slightly higher than default in order to catch myself before going hypo.

I suppose it depends what our targets are and what we are prepared to tolerate...we need to live too.

I set my High alarm higher for that reason - so it’s not going off just after a meal. My consultant said to set it at 13.5-15 but I tend to have it around 12 or 13. I also put it up when needed and when I don’t want an alarm to interrupt, eg I might normally have it at 13 but if I’m going into a work meeting right after lunch, I’ll put it up to 15 so I know it won’t be alarming.

For my Low alarm, it’s set at 5.6 so I can catch hypos early but if it’s nighttime and I’m confident all’s well or the Libre is reading a bit low, I’ll put it down to 4.5 so it doesn’t keep alarming and disturb my sleep. To me, alarms are a moveable thing.

Screenshot_20221215-212931_xDrip+.jpg
I have moved my alarms to Xdrip+. I use 3 lower alarms and 3 higher alarms. I like the alarms, I have a different tune for each so I know without checking. If the alarms are too much, or inappropriate, they can be put to sleep for various amounts of time, or turned off until I turn them back on.

Alarm fatigue is a recognised phenomenon with CGM so you certainly aren’t alone @sharp00782

What are your high and low levels set at? Perhaps a slight adjustment might reduce the frequency, and the risk of overreacting where you bounce from one alarm to another :(

Have you made any tweaks to your insulin doses based on the alarms you are getting? Increased frequency of alarms can be an indication that my doses need slight adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back