Hi

Barry22260

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just to say "hello". I have type 2 diabetes, diagnosed in February but no one bothered to tell me. First I knew was when I got an invitation to a diabetic eye screening a fortnight ago! Avidily reading everything on the site and the learning zone at present.

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just to say "hello". I have type 2 diabetes, diagnosed in February but no one bothered to tell me. First I knew was when I got an invitation to a diabetic eye screening a fortnight ago! Avidily reading everything on the site and the learning zone at present.
Hi, Barry. Welcome to the Forum

I find that quite negligent on the part of your GP Practice. Your blood glucose could have been running high throughout, or even creeping up, with all the associated risks to your health.

Do you know what your HbA1c result was?

Martin

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well you are in the right place now Barry.

Plenty of practical advice on here from people managing their condition effectively day to day.
If you have any questions at all just ask.

zuludog

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello Barry and welcome to the forum; and yes, there is a lot of information and advice on here

If you read old Threads, especially in the Newcomers section you'll see that most of the questions you might have will have been asked and answered before

But don't be afraid or embarrassed to ask any of your own questions as well

MissDaisy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi Barry,

I’m Type 2 since Nov 19 however I think I’ve had it for a while and it wasn’t picked up!

I thought I’d say ‘hello’ and say you have landed in a good place for advice, support and info to help you manage your Diabetes.

MissDaisy :)

Barry22260

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, Barry. Welcome to the Forum

I find that quite negligent on the part of your GP Practice. Your blood glucose could have been running high throughout, or even creeping up, with all the associated risks to your health.

Do you know what your HbA1c result was?

Martin

Barry22260

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi Martin

Until I came here I hadn't even heard of HbA1c. I have an appointment with the diabetes lead coming up, so that is one of the questions that I shall be asking (amongst others). I am still considering a formal complaint to the practise.

Cheers

Barry

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum @Barry22260

A bit sad and shocked to hear your diagnosis story, and about the lack of communication from your surgery. Predates the whole covid palaver, so I suppose that doesnt fully excuse it, but I guess it didn’t help?

Glad you are finding the forum and the learning zone helpful. Feel free to ask away with any questions too. Nothing will be considered too obvious or ‘silly’.