Hi, new to pre diabetes.

Cheers

I swam! I will start again, issue is time of adult lanes in our pool - lots of schools & teaching!

I much prefer my company walking, and feel that something tangible as this will kick in my hiking gene again …🙂
I actually do aquafit and there are a few men who do it. It's very social.

Hi, a nice 68th birthday present of a blood test of 44, so after being there and there about for a while, now definitely pre diabetic….

(My elderly mother(96) has been type 2 since around my age, so sort of knew it was coming!)

What I didn’t realise, or take much notice/interest in, was that it’s not inevitable!

So, taking it seriously, and changing my lifestyle ( again!).
Have to be honest and say I drink too much cider & wine, so looking for low carb alternatives ( trying Westbrook Brewery- Red Cross parcel on the way!)
Bread…pork, lamb, sigh 😳

On wards and upwards, looking forward to finding help, advice and support from all on here…

Ps…website strongly urges no red or processed meat, then promptly has loads on the recipe section!!
At least you know you are prediabetic and can make change to diet and lifestyle and hopefully get your numbers down.

I had a lifestyle blood test back in 2019 and had a HbA1c of 44. I was not told, it was not flagged in my notes so no follow up, no referral to DN - A doctor noticed it when I asked for a repeat PSA - another test was done and I tested 81 - no real symptoms. Still onwards and upwards

Cheers

I swam! I will start again, issue is time of adult lanes in our pool - lots of schools & teaching!

I much prefer my company walking, and feel that something tangible as this will kick in my hiking gene again …🙂

Welcome to the forum @lendal

Hope you can find ways to fit in the swimming and walking you’ll find enjoyable - activity and exercise have all sorts of health benefits, and can help increase insulin sensitivity too.

And hopefully some of the shared experiences from forum members will help you build your own way of eating that will be flexible and satisfying to keep you interested long-term, and meet your goals in terms of glucose levels, lipids, and your weight.

Hopefully with a bit of moderation, some portion control, and a following wind, hopefully you’ll get some encouraging results at your next check 🙂

Back