Status
Not open for further replies.
swallowing large tablets

The only way I can swallow large tablets (400mg ibuprofen occasionally) is by
(1) standing upright (or at least sitting up straight) throughout
(2) drinking some water or other liquid first
(3) placing tablet on the back of my tongue with fingers
(4) drinking more liquid

I actually managed this morning without a prob , i think i just build it up in my mind and get myself so agitated for nothing

I can never understand why people have problems swallowing pills.

I just put the pills in my mouth and swallow them - don't even need a drink. I can even deal with a number of pills in the same way.

Is this a skill?

I just put the pills in my mouth and swallow them - don't even need a drink.
I can even deal with a number of pills in the same way.

Is this a skill?

Could be a skill Wally but don't you think it could be unwise?

With most pills it says to swallow with a glass of water!

well i do apologise Wally.. some people can drive a car i cant some people can be sarcastic IM NOT.

Different people find different things difficult, steph, so don't you worry! I think you need congratulating on managing pill swallowing so well this last time...So WELL DONE.

Yeah well done steph, I find large pills difficult to swallow and can totally understand the fear!

Hi Steff,

You are doing very well despite what Wally says (it must be wonderful to be perfect lol). Every time you have to take one just remember it is doing you good.

I hope that they don't put you on the 850mg ones. I count to three each time I take them and hope for the best. I find that drinking plenty of fluid when you take them does help and eases them going down.

Hopefully you will get used to it in time.

yes Andy thanks for that see yesterday morning i was really stressing but this morning i just got on with it like you said and i did earlier it is doing me good end of the day.

I just put the pills in my mouth and swallow them - don't even need a drink. I can even deal with a number of pills in the same way.

Is this a skill?

Oh, if only it was that easy! I have problems swallowing ANY tablets! I know its all in the mind (blame my mum who always gave me asprin on teaspoon of jam!!) My Metformin are cut into 4 pieces (not easy) before I can swallow them! In fact, I have to admit to not taking them for ages now - not something I'm proud of. You know, I'd rather have an injection than take a tablet! Please, all you type 1s don't take offence at that, I don't mean to be offensive - its just how I feel about large tablets and I have never had any problem when I've needed a needle stuck in me! Useless, that me!!

Steff, I think you are great, overcoming your fear and swallowing the Metformin is brilliant! I just wish I was more like you.

like yourself ivygirl i dont swallow any tablet easily unless its soluble if i have a headache and i have ran out of that i just sit and grin and bare we all have fears or difficulties with something ,well maybe some think there perfect.

Hi Ivy,

To verify what you said. I take 3 x 850mg metformin a day. I have this week started injecting lantus as well every day.

As it stands at the moment believe me injecting the lantus is far easier than taking the horse tablets called metformin.

Regards.

Steff, hope those pills went down a little easier today and that you are tolerating them ok

hi Vanessa yes went down like a treat thanks x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back