hi ho hi ho its off to docs i go .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
well im off for my hbA1c this morning being brought forward a month heaven knows if thats good or bad
shall all keep you posted on the results off the hbA1c,Also i'm going to have a major moan at gp i am sick and tired of waiitng for this appointment to arrive for the dietician it had been just over 2 month now and im still no further forward only health care prof i have is my GP and he just back from 3 weeks hols.I'm wodnering if all my hypos are simply because i dont have a clue what im eating im only using my common sense at the moment , until i have seen the dietician how do i know im no expert..

moan over now 😛

Good luck with your appointment, Stef. Please report back what they say to you and what you get organised re dietician etc. ........ Hugs,

Hope it all works out. Let us know how you get on.

Hope appointment goes ok for you. Looking forward to hearing how you got on

Dont worry - that will raise your levels!lol. Let us all know how you get on and good luck! 🙂 Bev x

well im back
im now on metformin got a box of 56 need to take 1 a day at the moment if i see no improvement have to then take 2 a day after a fortnight , other then that he tested for ketones that was clear and he re-schueld my hbA1c till may which is when i was having it in the first place dont know why the other gp wanted to bring it forward... R.E the dietician he just said once he does the referrel it is down to the clinic to sort my appointment but he suggested i rang them back and had it out with them

Last edited:
Hope that the pills have the desired effect (and not the undesired side-effects!). Seems a little odd to me that they didn't do an HbA1c, as it might have provided a good comparison point to see if the medication works.

Hope you get the dietician sorted out too!🙂

i dont have a clue what im eating im only using my common sense at the moment , until i have seen the dietician how do i know im no expert..

moan over now 😛

I would challenge that to a certain extent, even after this short time you know about your body and your certain circumstances than any dietician does.
You've been on this forum for a while and read some books so I'm sure you have managed to pick up more information that the basic diet leaflet information. I hope that you can get an appointment and the dietician can help you in the areas you are struggling.

Hope the metformin has the desired effects.

Steff, as Nikki highlights you perhaps know more now than you think you do and are already on the right path to becoming your own expert but need a few more pointers.

Good luck with the metformin - remember that whilst some people have side effects, many find that any problems soon settle as our bodies get used to the tablets

I can't remember - did you have an HbA1C at diagnosis? If so, then most professionals wouldn't advise re-testing before 3 months are up

yeah vanessa i did have one ,

ahh see sofar i think i know nothing but yes your right im probs do knwo more then i think now im learning x

Good luck with the metformin. The uncomfortable side-effect will go away and they do help. Do ring the dietician if you can, it might speed things up for you. I had to wait for 6 months to see mine but she is a great help now.

well started this morning with metformin 500 and wow what a size the pill is im going to have fun a games with them as i dont swallow pills i have a fear of choking so happy days ahead i managed this morning but had to have something to eat with it. Do you start to feel the side effects straight away because i have not wanted anything to eat since 10 this morning !?

To be honest I can't remember how long it took to for the side effects to start, it has been so long. It can take a day or 2 for it start, unless you are especially sensitive to it, then it can start earlier. Or maybe you are lucky and don't get them.

I find swallowing the tablets with a glass of water after eating helps. I have to take 2 metformin twice a day. I found the tablets easier to take then the insulin injection, but got used to them too.

I cant swallow with just liquid water etc etc and i know im not allowed to chew them so im stuck at the minute because this morning i had to place it in cereal and disguise it so i could'nt see it such a palava 🙄

I take the slow release metformin, 3 x 500mg a day and have had (touchwood) no side effects on them.. the ordinary metformin really affected me badly, i could take no more than 1350 mg a day if i did my life was spent in the bathroom...😱 lol

hope tablets work well for you steff..

ty squidge x

well i cant say i have had any (side effects) buy only first day on them

well started this morning with metformin 500 and wow what a size the pill is im going to have fun a games with them as i dont swallow pills i have a fear of choking so happy days ahead i managed this morning but had to have something to eat with it. Do you start to feel the side effects straight away because i have not wanted anything to eat since 10 this morning !?

Steff have you got a pill cutter? May make things more bareable. I got one when I started on Glucophage (free!) from my pharmacist, I thought the tablets were ridiculous in size! I expect you can buy them (my pharmacist is lovely!)

pill cutters

Pill cutters are definitely worth trying EXCEPT for slow release tablets, which are often the largest, but need to get into your stomach with their coating intact, and may even be designed to pass into your small intestine before they start to dissolve.

Pill cutters are definitely worth trying EXCEPT for slow release tablets, which are often the largest, but need to get into your stomach with their coating intact, and may even be designed to pass into your small intestine before they start to dissolve.

Yes, I was just wondering that - surely the only reason why they make any pills so big is so that the 'active' element can be released at a slower rate? The only big pill I have is a Santogen Gold multivitamin, which does occasionally have trouble going down, so I do sympathise if you have to take several big ones a day!😱

😱😱 @big ones

well im just going to persevere anyways at end of the day pill is helping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back