Hi blood sugars should i be worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
As you know have some kind of flu virus for a week or so, have had some very low levels of keytones but not today. Am putting down some readings FROM 11/10/10

11/10 15.9 26.8
12/10 18.9 24.2
13/10 21.2 31.9
14/10 17.6 Hi 29.1
15/10 16.1 22.0 27.1
16/10 20.9 HI HI HI 29.2
17/10 20.8 24.4 20.00
18/10 20.4 25.9
19/10 24.1 27.2
20/10 25.00 HI
21/10 28.8

Gp has given me some sickness tablets last week which seemed to work. But still feeling as if i want to be sick and this morning i was just bringing up bile. I just feel so tired and my tummy hurts it feels tight and bloated. Do you think i should be concerned I just dont feel right. Am still drinking water for england. Finding it very hard to eat as scared of being sick again. At the moment i crave sugar but i know i cant have anything i would sell my soul for a nice sugary full fat cola😱 I have really bad thrush started the Fluconazole a few days ago but its not working as well/fast as normal.
I have a appointment with my gp tomorrow and i dont know wot to say to him

You really must be feeling terrible with results like that, I hope your coping..

As a type 1, when ill, there are rules to follow, but basically its all about pumping insulin in on a 2 hourly basis, 10% of daily dose if no ketones, 20% if therer is ketones............these are DAFNE rules anyway, other peoplle may be advised differently.

Results like that are worrying.......tell the GP everything.........

I know your on alot of insulin already..........hope you feel better soon...

Hi Gail wow those numbers are high and not just the odd one either, must be making you feel shocking hun xx
I just hope tomorrow you tell the GP about them leaving you to it cant be right xxx

Feeling sick is poo... Sorry to hear you're having a bad run. However, being I'll does tend to knock your sugars up. It's well worth doing more than 1 BG test a day ESPECIALY when you're off colour. That way you can do more insulin to bring them down a bit. Ask your clinic about a DAFNE course.

Good to hear your K's have dropped though. Hope you're on the up and at em soon!

Feeling sick is poo... Sorry to hear you're having a bad run. However, being I'll does tend to knock your sugars up. It's well worth doing more than 1 BG test a day ESPECIALY when you're off colour. That way you can do more insulin to bring them down a bit. Ask your clinic about a DAFNE course.

Good to hear your K's have dropped though. Hope you're on the up and at em soon!

type 2 unfortunately

Hi Gail

Could you call your surgery and ask for a phone call from the Dr, tell them that your BMs have been over 20 for a week and you feel very ill.

Carry on with the water and see if you can get some hydrating sachets for a pharmacist - the pharmacist may be able to give you some help - but the sachets should contain the nutrients you need if you don't feel like eating.

Stomach ache can come hand in hand with high BMs - but for your own peace of mind try to speak to a Dr or pharmacist.

Hi Gail

Could you call your surgery and ask for a phone call from the Dr, tell them that your BMs have been over 20 for a week and you feel very ill.

Carry on with the water and see if you can get some hydrating sachets for a pharmacist - the pharmacist may be able to give you some help - but the sachets should contain the nutrients you need if you don't feel like eating.

Stomach ache can come hand in hand with high BMs - but for your own peace of mind try to speak to a Dr or pharmacist.

I agree....it's been a week now with very high BG - you need to be telling someone and they need to be doing something about it.

Good luck, hope you're feeling better soon! and keep us updated.

Gail, I am not surprised that you feel sick. Levels like this will be making you feel bad anyway and you need to tell your GP to give you more insulin than he is as leaving you like this is dangerous and is doing you a lot of damage. Sorry to be blunt, but these are the levels that will cause you complications and you have been having levels like this for a long time now and someone should sit up and take notice and try to help you. The levels will also be contributing to your mood and will make you feel depressed. Tell your GP you cant put up with it any longer and that its not acceptable to let you run with levels this high.😱🙂Bev

thing is my gp is aware of my levels i see him every 3-4 days to get my insulin. I see him again tomorrow think i may have to put my foot down a bit and may be be a bit of a stoppy patient. Our hospiatal diabetic clinic do an open hour evry day am thinking of going there maybe

You have every right to be stroppy, they are seriously crippling blood sugars.....

thing is my gp is aware of my levels i see him every 3-4 days to get my insulin. I see him again tomorrow think i may have to put my foot down a bit and may be be a bit of a stoppy patient. Our hospiatal diabetic clinic do an open hour evry day am thinking of going there maybe

If you see your GP this often and he is leaving you with such high levels - someone needs to ask him why. Yes - go to the diabetes clinic and give them a list of all your levels over the last week and take your meter with you to show them. Dont leave this Gail.🙂Bev

type 2 unfortunately

Oops... I have to hold my hands up to being a bit ignorant - for want of a better word - about type 2. Is it possible to go on small amounts of insulin during illness? I know you say you get insulin every few days at the doctors, but it might be worth a dabble!?!

Hmmm... Maybe ignorant is the best word...

When ive blood sugars like this ive always been told to ring my diabetes nurse at hospital diabetic day centre for advise , could you do that ? hope you feel better soon Gail

Thanks everyone for your support. I cracked earlier on bg down to 25.0. Phoned my dsn at hospital left a message and she rang me back. I just cried down the phone to her about everything. She was really nice and said she was going to have a word with my consultant. Told her i didt want to been seen as an axward person but this was beginning to scare me. Told her i think my insulin needs tobe adjusted up and i know that is going to cause issues if it is as due to my past overdosing on insulin they are very careful about what they give me as with my mental health issues they are worried about me doing it again.
Am waiting now for her to call back and just to see what happens then
Thanks guys for your continued support it means such a lot to me
You all take care
xxxxxx
gail

Be strong, you will get the help you need.........😉

Thanks everyone for your support. I cracked earlier on bg down to 25.0. Phoned my dsn at hospital left a message and she rang me back. I just cried down the phone to her about everything. She was really nice and said she was going to have a word with my consultant. Told her i didt want to been seen as an axward person but this was beginning to scare me. Told her i think my insulin needs tobe adjusted up and i know that is going to cause issues if it is as due to my past overdosing on insulin they are very careful about what they give me as with my mental health issues they are worried about me doing it again.
You all take care
xxxxxx
gail

well that sounds much more promising 🙂

I hope they call you back soon and get you in. something needs to be done....and they are there to help you so don't feel like you are being awkward.

good luck 🙂

You all take care
xxxxxx
gail

I really, really hope they help you get your levels sorted Gail. You should not be running along like you are for too long.

Andy

Really glad you managed to speak to someone Gail , i hope your nurse rings you back soon 🙂

Well done Gail, it's hard when you have to stand up for yourself and you don't want to be seen as awkward, I've been crying at docs this morning. But you do need some help to sort these levels out - hope they get back to you soon.

Well she called back and I have an appointment tomorrow with my consultant. She said to pack a few things just in case. Now im a bit worried as I dont do hospitals very well, in fact I freak out. But it being my hospital they are aware of my history. I have a horrid feeling they will want me to stay in.
How the hell they got an appointment with the consultant that fast I don't know.
gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back