Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't state you were silly, I said taking a rapid acting insulin with an in range level and not planning to eat was a silly thing to do, it is highly dangerous and as @Inka already told you can lead to serious hypos and much worse things, you really do not understand insulin if this is the way you are doing things and I wouldn't want any new person to insulin to come on see that and try it themselves putting themselves at serious risk

Your new thread today "Little stuff about me" says you were told at the hospital to take the Humalog sometimes without food.

That would be a correction dose, to bring your levels down if they are very high. But to know if you need to do that, you would need to test your blood glucose levels first to see if they are too high and by how much. You cannot just guess them, or go by how you feel. Even people who have been injecting for 20, 30, 40 years or more would not dream of injecting without testing first, it is so dangerous.

People here are concerned for your safety, that is why they may seem to speak harshly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back