Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear you have other health issues which impact your diet and that Covid has caused you BG upheaval. Sadly that is becoming a common issue and even the Covid vaccine has had an impact in that respect. Hope it resolves soon or you are able to find a medication which suits you better, but don't suffer in silence as there are alternatives. Good luck finding one that suits you.
Thank you Barbara

I have just been put on Sukkarto SR 500mg 2X a day and I wanted to know if what I am feeling is normal for this medication. I am on day 3 of the tablets and I feel awful. I have diarrhea, wind, stomach cramps and my stomach looks 8 months pregnant with bloating and it feels hard to the touch. I have pain in my right hand side of my lower back too. Is this normal? And will these side effects go away by themselves. Please can someone help? this is all very new to me and it's all so daunting.
I have had a long history with Metformin as I was prescribed them originally for PCOS and was on them for a few years. I was lucky that apart from a dry mouth I had no other symptoms. Then I was prescribed them again on my diagnosis of type 2 in Jan 2019. Like @Drummer I sorted my blood sugars out fairly quickly by changing the ingredients I used in my food and I have kept them down ever since. I did have a blip when I had my Covid vaccinations when things went a weeny bit haywire but then it all settled down again and I am back to good levels of 6 - ish on a bad day and 5 - ish on a busy exercise type day.

I hope you can regain your control by diet so you can come off the metformin. I hate taking any meds if I can avoid them. I am just not organised enough and it makes me anxious to try and deal with them and I worry about side effects so I am happiest managing without meds if I can find a sensible way to make that happen.

I have had a long history with Metformin as I was prescribed them originally for PCOS and was on them for a few years. I was lucky that apart from a dry mouth I had no other symptoms. Then I was prescribed them again on my diagnosis of type 2 in Jan 2019. Like @Drummer I sorted my blood sugars out fairly quickly by changing the ingredients I used in my food and I have kept them down ever since. I did have a blip when I had my Covid vaccinations when things went a weeny bit haywire but then it all settled down again and I am back to good levels of 6 - ish on a bad day and 5 - ish on a busy exercise type day.

I hope you can regain your control by diet so you can come off the metformin. I hate taking any meds if I can avoid them. I am just not organised enough and it makes me anxious to try and deal with them and I worry about side effects so I am happiest managing without meds if I can find a sensible way to make that happen.
Yes that's me too. I hate and worry about side effects of medications as I am convinced I got my type 2 diabetes from a medication I was on previously for another illness.
I came off all medications and was doing great till I got the dreaded covid. I am however hopeful that things will settle and I can resume a non medicated healthy lifestyle.

Yes that's me too. I hate and worry about side effects of medications as I am convinced I got my type 2 diabetes from a medication I was on previously for another illness.
I came off all medications and was doing great till I got the dreaded covid. I am however hopeful that things will settle and I can resume a non medicated healthy lifestyle.
I think that's what happened to me as well. I was on propranolol for a year and I think that is what triggered my diabetes. Once I changed to eating keto and kept under 20g carbs a day my blood pressure sorted itself out along with my blood sugar control.

It is nice to have people to talk to who know what it's all like as none of my family or friends have diabetes so it's a lonely place when you have no one to talk to. Do definitely try as hard as possible to keep off the medication cause believe me the side effects so far for me have been wretched. I'm on my best diet behaviour from now on to get off this medication.
You’re the only one I’ve read say this and it’s frightening.some have said things they’re having problems with but not the side effects May be more about using the meds. I’m on lots of meds especially for bowel and bladder. I’ve a paralysis in my right leg and pain is awful and wakens me out my sleep. It’s from spinal injury and affected right groin, bladder and bowel. I definitely don’t need any more problems in that area. I think meds need other meds for side effects lol. Are you over Covid now? If you go to forum in the morning and put your breakfast blood glucose levels in they won’t stop chatting to you And you will get lots of help. it’s good some were on to chat to you. You can browse all the forums and join in.

You’re the only one I’ve read say this and it’s frightening.some have said things they’re having problems with but not the side effects May be more about using the meds. I’m on lots of meds especially for bowel and bladder. I’ve a paralysis in my right leg and pain is awful and wakens me out my sleep. It’s from spinal injury and affected right groin, bladder and bowel. I definitely don’t need any more problems in that area. I think meds need other meds for side effects lol. Are you over Covid now? If you go to forum in the morning and put your breakfast blood glucose levels in they won’t stop chatting to you And you will get lots of help. it’s good some were on to chat to you. You can browse all the forums and join

I am over covid now thank goodness and I will try that tip about the blood sugars thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back