Help with Accu-Chek Aviva please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I don't actually see the need for anyone without a pressing need for such a meter and therefore getting them free on prescription, to continue spending that amount of money for strips when there are other choices of reliable and accurate meter and strips they can obtain more economically.

Of course I'd rather everyone be able to get meters and strips on prescription but that's not likely to happen and whilst some of us had or still have well paid jobs and can afford to spend whatever we wish to on such things I am fully aware that an awful lot more people these days don't have that much cash to spend on things that aren't strictly necessary. Hence, seems common sense to me to seek a cheaper alternative to do the same job.

I doubt very much indeed whether ANY newly diagnosed UK resident would be supplied with a Roche meter using these strips from early this year if not before that.
The part of your post I disagreed with was “you should be aware that the strips will very soon not be relatively easy to obtain 'over the counter' from anywhere, either here or abroad”. This is the opposite of what Roche have told me.

OK - yes they have said that - but I would actually make you a bet (ie put me money where me mouth is) that at some time in the next few years your downtown local pharmacy who have been dispensing your strips for the last 11 years will say 'We've had to ring X number of suppliers to get hold of these for you!' - or will even say they've had to order them so can you come back X days hence.

I recall the difficulties caused in the supply chain when the factory which manufactures them had a disaster - a fire or flood or something, several years ago. Whilst I obviously do not wish a disaster on anyone - when shedloads of company's test strips are made in far flung places rather than comparatively nearby like Europe - glitches in the supply chain can and do happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back