Help! 25.6!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I feel awful. Just had 10 units. Thirsty, really thirsty. Dont understand why so high as did the correct dose for my dinner time carbs. I feel awful! Just about to check for ketones...

What time did you eat?

Maybe worth changing your insulin cartridge in case there's a problem with it?

Hope it starts going in the right direction soon.

I feel awful. Just had 10 units. Thirsty, really thirsty. Dont understand why so high as did the correct dose for my dinner time carbs. I feel awful! Just about to check for ketones...

Yuck! Poor you. Try not to panic, retest in a bit and make sure your heading back down but make sure you dont over do it and bring on a hypo. (ive done that before with a scary high).

What did you have for dinner?

What time did you eat?

Maybe worth changing your insulin cartridge in case there's a problem with it?

Hope it starts going in the right direction soon.

It was about 7pm. Just changed the novora[pid cartridge earlier...think I might change it...

Yuck! Poor you. Try not to panic, retest in a bit and make sure your heading back down but make sure you dont over do it and bring on a hypo. (ive done that before with a scary high).

What did you have for dinner?

It was chicken kievs, chips and carrots. Something Ive had a billion times before and never ever ever gone so high. Goooooooooood, feel proper rough. Just realised my ketosticks are out of date so need to open a new pack...but gotta wait til i need the looooooo

ack!!!!!!!!!!

Aw Sam, have you re-tested? Hope you're not coming down with something, and that the correction settles you back to a decent level.

restested...23.0

wow blurry eyes. Have a pint of water in front of me...

water water water and keep correcting - but set your alarm for 3am to check! Hope you feel better soon.🙂Bev

It was chicken kievs, chips and carrots. Something Ive had a billion times before and never ever ever gone so high. Goooooooooood, feel proper rough. Just realised my ketosticks are out of date so need to open a new pack...but gotta wait til i need the looooooo

ack!!!!!!!!!!

Drink a big glass of water - will help with the ketones if there are any and with needing the loo!
Hope you feel better soon. Crazy highs are exhausting :(

pint of water almost gone, thirst not

:(

Hope you get sorted soon Sam, I just tested and in high teens, wondered why I was feeling weird!

Take care

Rossi

yep, but changed the cartridge!

hmmn. i would have thought with 10 units you should be on the way down at least a it. All i can think of is keep drinking and testing till you need to pee :(

hmmn. i would have thought with 10 units you should be on the way down at least a it. All i can think of is keep drinking and testing till you need to pee :(

i think peeing is next on the agenda hahahaha so ketones test in a sec

new numberwang 22.2 so at least its coming down slowly. GAH! STUPID DIABETES CAN GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

its a negative on the ketones.

STarting to feel slightly better. Still thirsty though...

Great news! Hope it keeps coming down to normal and you feel lots better soon xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back