Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! this is exactly what I have been experiencing hence thinking my insulins were less effective! My basal insulin has been increased SO MUCH and I was anxious about it!! If this is something you have experienced then I shall go with the changes and see what happens, it's just really bizarre!!
Thank you! If this trend continues then I will consider Levemir but for now I will keep on increasing and see if it's the same as yourself! I do still experience dawn phenomenon so I may need to use levemir from that respect to make sure i'm good through the day. Appreciate your input! thank you!
Even though I'm on a pump, my basal needs do change at the drop of a hat as well.
Which for me can be an increase of 25% or more. Then once settled for a week or two it then decides to drop again which is very frustrating.

Have you gone right back to basics and tried a basal test to see what is happening? If not it might be worth doing just so you can see the wood for the trees. As you have been type1 for so long I would suspect some of the suggestions are a bit like teaching your Grandmother to suck eggs lol.

yes i give a period of time and monitor/fast after every insulin change to see what happens and it has continued to rise regardless of dosage....i'll just need to be patient and give it more time ! xx thanks everyone

Helz I had at least 10 days of high BGs after my first vaccination. Then it took ages to settle properly. Howeber as @trophywench days, I did find Levemir quicker to respond and more biddable before I was on the pump

We both had Pfizer - I had a really achey arm after jab 1 and a tiddly bit higher BG for 2 days, but nowt after jab 2.

yes i give a period of time and monitor/fast after every insulin change to see what happens and it has continued to rise regardless of dosage....i'll just need to be patient and give it more time ! xx thanks everyone
Another thought (dangerous I know) you have probably checked and double checked your pens and insulin are ok.
No chance you have a faulty fridge?

Hello and welcome, from another ex-DSFer

Another thought (dangerous I know) you have probably checked and double checked your pens and insulin are ok.
No chance you have a faulty fridge?
Yes all checked and definitely the issue is my old grumpy body lol xxx

Ahhh hello xx what was your user name there? Nice to see you!
Lucy, Helen! Quite possible you two never 'met' - can't remember when Lucy joined DSF, but could well have been during the gap.

Yes all checked and definitely the issue is my old grumpy body lol xxx
@Helzbelz could it be your injection sites? You’ve had a long time injecting. I feel like I’m running out of cannula sites and I’ve only had a pump for 8 years.

@Helzbelz could it be your injection sites? You’ve had a long time injecting. I feel like I’m running out of cannula sites and I’ve only had a pump for 8 years.
I’ve been varying my sites a lot even for my libre … only place I can’t use is my stomach but the rest seem ok xxx

I’ve put my lantus up a big chunk the last few days and really seeing a difference now! I’m feeling some relief!! Xxx tricky old game this eh xxx

I’ve put my lantus up a big chunk the last few days and really seeing a difference now! I’m feeling some relief!! Xxx tricky old game this eh xxx
Odd that, most people need much less insulin when it’s hot, yet a few need more. Hope it’s working for you Helzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back