Hello

Eggle

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello all,

I was told Wednesday over the phone by my GP that I'm a type 2 and that I'll be on tablets.
Big Shock :eek:

I also have a possible problem with glutens that needs testing so I'm a bit lost on what to eat now :confused:

I'm glad that this site is here, and it provides a lot more info than my 5min appointment with my GP yesterday!

Vanessa

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Eggle, welcome to the forum and to the world of the diabetic. Hope you start to find the advice and help you need but I think most of us are of the opinion that the only daft question is the one that is not asked so don't worry. I hope you don't also prove to have a problem with gluten intolerance but if you do there is a recent post on the forum about people who have both diabetes and coeliac disease and a link to a developing web site for that

Eggle

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for the welcome Vanessa, I will definitely be asking many daft questions so please bare with me.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi Eggle, welcome to the site! I'm not impressed that your doctor would give you such a serious diagnosis over the phone and then leave you hanging. The people here are a lot more helpful!:)

Eggle

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Thanks Northerner,
My GP is normally pretty good and has been a tower of strength to me over the last year regarding other health matters, I'm disabled due to spinal pain and have problems with my limbs due to nerve damage.
I know what your thinking!!!!
did I walk under a ladder?
did I break a mirror?
I wander myself sometimes, but I'm still full of life and refuse to be beaten down by these things.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thanks Northerner,
My GP is normally pretty good and has been a tower of strength to me over the last year regarding other health matters, I'm disabled due to spinal pain and have problems with my limbs due to nerve damage.
I know what your thinking!!!!
did I walk under a ladder?
did I break a mirror?
I wander myself sometimes, but I'm still full of life and refuse to be beaten down by these things.

That's a great attitude - good for you!:)

Sugarbum

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome Eggle!

Always good to hear about new people and their stories, you sound of strong charactor and good for you! I have found the journey Ive gone through with diabetes very challenging, and Im sure there is more to come. But I do believe its very charactor building and that before it happened to me I didnt know myself anywhere near like I do now. There have been some lows, but if I hadnt of had them I wouldnt know how much better I am about it all now!

I hope you find it helpful here. Ive not long been a member myself but Im very drawn to this site. People are friendly and there is a wealth and range of experiences and advice when you read or post on a thread. There are no silly questions, so I hope you find it a support through what can be a very confusing time.

You sound in good humour anyway! I hope you keep your spirits high and look forward to chit-chat!

Lou x

Eggle

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Thanks Sugarbum, I'll look forward to the chit chat.