Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes definitely I need to get my sugar levels down so I need to get this right by march when I am being seen next
I followed the principals in this link which is a low carb approach developed by a GP surgery to help their patients reduce blood glucose and lose weight as they found that the standard NHS advice was not very helpful being too high in carbs for many to tolerate. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/
There are meal plans to suit various tastes and budgets and some good explanation. Obviously you are on a particular medication which has the potential to cause hypos so it is wise to go cautiously and gradually with a low carb diet.

So at breakfast and at evening meal? The difficulty will be that if you don’t eat breakfast, the Gliclazide might send you too low. You’d be better off eating a moderate breakfast to reduce the risk of going low.
I will start eating breakfast

I hope this works to bring it down or insulin is next, I definitely don’t want that

My sugar level are high 96 today at dr they have put me on gilclazide which I am worried about as I understand you can hypos.
My HbA1c started out exactly the same as yours at 96 and I’ve managed to get mine down to 38 (non diabetic) in the space of a few months so it can be done.

I’ve followed a low carb approach and it has worked really well for me. I also take medication (Sitagliptin) but it’s definitely the low carb and weight loss that have contributed most to the change.

There are other medications, if you are really worried about hypos but, as others have said, if you remain vigilant you should be fine.

Good luck, keep asking questions on this forum. It’s a very friendly place and no question is a silly one.

My HbA1c started out exactly the same as yours at 96 and I’ve managed to get mine down to 38 (non diabetic) in the space of a few months so it can be done.

I’ve followed a low carb approach and it has worked really well for me. I also take medication (Sitagliptin) but it’s definitely the low carb and weight loss that have contributed most to the change.

There are other medications, if you are really worried about hypos but, as others have said, if you remain vigilant you should be fine.

Good luck, keep asking questions on this forum. It’s a very friendly place and no question is a silly one.
I am going to try and do the same hopefully it will work as well for me, thanks for the positive comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back