Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm hoping for advice from members. Struggling with my type 2 diabetes
Welcome to the forum
Would you like to say a bit more about how you 'manage' your condition. Information like what your Hba1C is, if you are on any medication, do you have weight to lose, how long have you been diagnosed, do you monitor your blood glucose at home will all help people to make appropriate suggestions. If you mention what specific problems you are having people will do their best to help.
I know it sounds like the third degree but otherwise it is difficult to know where you are in the scheme of things.

Hi and welcome from me too.

As explained by @Leadinglights if you can give us more info about your situation with your diabetes, we are then better placed to give appropriate advice to you.

Hi. Not sure what my hbac1 is at the moment. However I'm on empagliflozin now and a weekly injection of trulicity. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 25 years ago and for the first 10 to 12 years was diet managed then I took pioglitazone for about 10 years. I wasn't monitored at all through the pandemic and it had gone haywire when I was finally seen. It just seems to be getting worse now. I monitor with finger prices two or three times a day. I've had Sunday lunch and it's now gone up to 13 after two visits to the loo. I do have weight to lose and I also have diverticulitis so have to be careful how much fruit and veg I eat.

Hi. Not sure what my hbac1 is at the moment. However I'm on empagliflozin now and a weekly injection of trulicity. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 25 years ago and for the first 10 to 12 years was diet managed then I took pioglitazone for about 10 years. I wasn't monitored at all through the pandemic and it had gone haywire when I was finally seen. It just seems to be getting worse now. I monitor with finger prices two or three times a day. I've had Sunday lunch and it's now gone up to 13 after two visits to the loo. I do have weight to lose and I also have diverticulitis so have to be careful how much fruit and veg I eat.
For you level to be going up to 13 2 hours after lunch sounds as if your meal is too carb heavy but by doing some strategic testing you may get better information about what foods and meals you can tolerate. Test before you eat and after 2 hours and aim for no more than 2-3mmol/l increase and once your levels drop then no more than 8-8.5mmol/l 2 hours post meal.
Are you trying a low carb approach as that may help you in addition to the medication. Have a look at this link for some ideas for modifying your diet. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/
Obviously you have to consider what foods you can manage with your gut issues but many find that low carb helps on that front.

Welcome to the forum @jacquiep68

Sorry to hear you are finding your diabetes tough going at the moment.

Hopefully comparing notes with other members here will give you some valuable support and encouragement.

Keep asking with any questions - we have literally centuries of lived diabetes experience here to dip into, and we are all still learning new things all the time. You are also among folks who instinctively ‘get it’, so feel free to rant or offload about any frustrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back