hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the forum @Harv

Glad you have found us!

How long have you been living with diabetes? Do you take any meds to help with your blood glucose management?

Do you have any particular questionsor uncertainties you are facing at this time?

Hi and welcome.

Giving you a big gold star for your latest HbA1c result. Not so good losing a leg. How are you coping? We have another member with a BKA who might be appreciative of comparing notes with you.

Is there something particular which has helped you improve your HbA1c? Libre perhaps?

Sounds like you were diagnosed quite young.... Mid/late 30s if my maths is correct. Did you go onto insulin quite quickly or were you on oral meds for a long time and the insulin is a recent addition to your treatment?
Which insulins are you using and how do you manage with them?

Is there anything particular that brings you to the forum at this time or just an interest to engage with other diabetics.

thanks for the gold star. I'm coping well with losing leg as i have severe Neuropathy in my feet i had no pain in my leg when it was removed (not even phantom pain thank god).I've coped well with it even going back to work from 2008 when it was removed till 2018 when I had a T.I.A. Insulin i take is Novorapid 3x a day Toshiba 1at night and Dulaglutide 1x weekly and tablet wise Empagliflozin/Metformin 2 x a day. I find taking the insulin quite easy as i've a well padded stomach (ie fat):D

Welcome. Just to let you know, Trulicity (dulaglutide) is not an insulin

Thanks for that information Lucyr but all I know is my diabetic consultant in hospital put me on it so i don't know what it's for all i know it's just another needle in my skin

Thanks for that information Lucyr but all I know is my diabetic consultant in hospital put me on it so i don't know what it's for all i know it's just another needle in my skin
It’s important to always make sure you know what all your medications are for and make sure you’re aware of potential side effects and benefits. Do you not research your medications before deciding whether to take them?

No been so long ago since started taking it and have had no side effects from it

It’s important to always make sure you know what all your medications are for and make sure you’re aware of potential side effects and benefits. Do you not research your medications before deciding whether to take them?
Those are wise words and I'm sure if people were more aware of the reason they were taking various medications there would be less problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back