Hello new to forum

Fried foods as such are not likely to do too much harm unless you are talking of things in batter or thickly coated in breadcrumbs.
Fats do not convert to glucose but carbs do.
Thanks for the information, that's the reason bloods went down,instead of up then.

One thing I would suggest is moderation, not abstinence, as you are only just into the diabetic range, so need only make a few tweaks. If you choose to make a reduction in your carbs, you can plan to include treats within your daily carb allowance. Suggested maximum is 130gm a day in total. Planned, not cheating and that way you won't feel deprived. I have an app where I plan my day in advance and know exactly how many carbs I am having, and what I have available for a treat
Thanks for the reply, it makes sense, do you mind me asking what app are you using,sounds like good idea?

Thought that I had replied but possibly pressed wrong button . Anyway, don't go blindly into metaformin, I did with no adverse effects, but a three month time frame should allow you to make significant changes to what you eat, and if it shows no difference then it's time to rethink. I feel that it should not be looked as a Diet, but a way of eating. Being on pills will not be strict but you need to be prepared to change your thought pattern and find alternatives/substitutes for the carbs in your food. There is lots of info here on the forum, books available, Carb and Calorie counter is a useful tool, but remember it's carbs you need to consider rather than calories. Three months gives you time to research about your condition with only yourself to consider unlike the GP or DN who have a load of people to deal with.

Brain dead this afternoon. I had replied, so Mods , please delete if necessary, this bit is useless. Embarrassing!!

Thought that I had replied but possibly pressed wrong button . Anyway, don't go blindly into metaformin, I did with no adverse effects, but a three month time frame should allow you to make significant changes to what you eat, and if it shows no difference then it's time to rethink. I feel that it should not be looked as a Diet, but a way of eating. Being on pills will not be strict but you need to be prepared to change your thought pattern and find alternatives/substitutes for the carbs in your food. There is lots of info here on the forum, books available, Carb and Calorie counter is a useful tool, but remember it's carbs you need to consider rather than calories. Three months gives you time to research about your condition with only yourself to consider unlike the GP or DN who have a load of people to deal with.
Thanks very much for your reply, I'm leaning towards giving it a try without meds.

Do you mind me asking what app are you using,sounds like good idea?
Have a look at Cronometer. The basic version is free and very good, especially if you are preparing your own meals. It tracks all your nutrients in great detail and compares them with target, before or after the event.

Have a look at Cronometer. The basic version is free and very good, especially if you are preparing your own meals. It tracks all your nutrients in great detail and compares them with target, before or after the event.
Thank you,I may give it a try.

Thanks for the reply, it makes sense, do you mind me asking what app are you using,sounds like good idea?
I use NutraCheck which is UK based and has thousands of UK supermarket and other food retailers foods in its database. I just renewed my annual subscription for just under £30. There are also MyFitnessPal which is USA based and free or CalsAndCarbs.

I have no opinion on the relative merits of Cronometer and Nutracheck. Cronometer has a large number of UK supermarket foods listed but we do not buy them except as ingredients such as lentils, fish and nuts. Cronometer is consistently rated best for nutrients (why I chose it) and the free version is more than adequate. Answer: try both.

Last edited:
I use NutraCheck which is UK based and has thousands of UK supermarket and other food retailers foods in its database. I just renewed my annual subscription for just under £30. There are also MyFitnessPal which is USA based and free or CalsAndCarbs.
Thanks very much.

Back