Hello Mr Paranoid AGAIN..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your then and now photos show that you are doing brilliantly with the weight loss and that is a big step in the right direction for you so you should congratulate yourself!

I lost my Dad 18 months ago and it is the hardest thing I have ever been through and I miss him every single day. Watching someone you love so much deteriorate slowly then losing them I think does make you see the fine line between life and death and can make you paranoid - have you had any counselling with dealing with the loss of your Mum? I haven't personally but I have sat in with my Mum and her counsellor and it has helped her a lot, maybe worth a thought?

Being able to test your sugars will be a great help for you though because you can see what you are running at and not be wildly guessing and worrying about what it might be.

I agree.............stick around.........talk about your problems.........talk about the good times..........:D

Hello Mark.

You've been doing so well with your weight loss, even your hat has got thinner (or is it just my eyesight?).

Anyway, I'm prepared to 'lay a substantial bet' that you find that your blood sugars are not that difficult to control (once you can see them using the meter). I am, at this very moment preparing a photocopy of a ?10 note for that very purpose.

Andy 🙂

Hello Mark.

You've been doing so well with your weight loss, even your hat has got thinner (or is it just my eyesight?).

Anyway, I'm prepared to 'lay a substantial bet' that you find that your blood sugars are not that difficult to control (once you can see them using the meter). I am, at this very moment preparing a photocopy of a ?10 note for that very purpose.

Andy 🙂

I'll go one better and put down 1,000,000 lei! 🙂

1_million_lei_front.jpg

Wow the weight loss has made such a difference, well done. Are you fighting the women off now? lol 😉 I think you must focus on the positives and your weight loss must have improved your health.

"I bet you all think im a nut case........"

If you are then i am too!! Lost my mum 2 month after i was diagnosed, n she was my support for a little while, hubbys great but he hasnt got the dreaded d n my sister lives miles away. i didnt have a bg meter at first only when HbA1c came back at a wonderful 16.6!! My sister and 2 daughter in laws has type1, daughters boyfriends type 1 too and they never seem to have days like i have where i could eat everything going, well they say they dont lol. I've changed things like pop, used to drink anything - now its only sugar free stuff, but hey diabetic thorntons chokkys dont taste too good lol
i come on here to read posts and get an insight (or try to) and im sure one day ill be coping like most peeps seem to on here and im sure you will too Mark
Mo

Again all thank you so much feel a little better today i have noticed one think since my diagnosis i seem to enjoy the little things in life alot more and dont take them for granted..

Id love to see a councillor about my mum that would help big time but ive never even been offered help. The case is still going on with the home in question and well i cant say too much but it does get to me..

Eating wise i think i may have come across wrong i dont mind all the health stuff i quite like it. Its the fact i feel i can never have a night out with my Fianc? things like that. I enjoyed 4 cans of beer last night then think whoa is that wrong ??????

I have got used to eating better i just get bored of eating samey things could do with some idea's really. Anyway thank you all so much for you help i really appreciate it...

Singing tonight in Birmingham with the show..

Mark....

Hi Mark, hope that the gig goes well! 🙂 And listen to this - you CAN have good nights out with your fianc?e! Here's an example, I'm going to Birmingham tomorrow to meet up with lots of my fellow diabetics from here. It will be a long day, and I expect my levels will go a bit to pot - they always do on these occasions - but I'll do my best to use a little common sense and not overdo things. I'm sure that, given previous such events, I'll have a great time. Once in a while you have to let yourself go a bit and just try and relax about it all otherwise you'd be tearing your hair out all the time!

As I said before, you have already done yourself an enormous favour by the changes you have made and I am sure they will continue. You will find new and interesting food that will satisfy your hunger and not trouble your blood sugar levels unduly. It all takes time, but you will get there 🙂

I can honestly say ive only been on here for a bit and id already love to come to another meet up. You guys have seriously kept me sane i was that low yesterday i felt terrible..

I can do it im determin too

Mark

Congrats on the weight loss - bet you wouldn't have done that without the diagnosis?
Hope you continue to have successes and enjoy life's pleasures, both big and small, nothing to do with diabetes, as well as connected.
Carpe diem (seize the day) really is a good aphorism. As I wasn't working today, I was able to go to Bury St Edmunds to watch the start of Tour of Britain Stage 7, having not realised it was in the region until 0800 this morning! Lovely sunny day, chatted to some great people, linked by love of bikes, cycling etc, had a bonus bacon baguette and coffee (instead of normal timed midday meal) in a Spanish cafe. ParkRun tomorrow; working Sunday.

Congrats on the weight loss - bet you wouldn't have done that without the diagnosis?
Hope you continue to have successes and enjoy life's pleasures, both big and small, nothing to do with diabetes, as well as connected.
Carpe diem (seize the day) really is a good aphorism. As I wasn't working today, I was able to go to Bury St Edmunds to watch the start of Tour of Britain Stage 7, having not realised it was in the region until 0800 this morning! Lovely sunny day, chatted to some great people, linked by love of bikes, cycling etc, had a bonus bacon baguette and coffee (instead of normal timed midday meal) in a Spanish cafe. ParkRun tomorrow; working Sunday.

Busy Busy Bumblebee..........

Hello Mark,

We all have good days and bad days we are after all only human. I get paranoid about things but remind myself that it could be worse. I am one of the long timer diabetics - 28years T1 and still alive and kicking (i am a kickboxer 😉) and have a hubby and young daughter (5 going on 15 🙄) which give me the motivation to dust myself down and move on.

I have recently had one blow medically after another which is the first time in all this time it has happened like this. And reading the internet is like a no no but I understand that too as I am often being told to stay away from the net but i just can't help myself :/ ...equally that can be depressing! Even though our circumstances aren't the same, feelings can be and therefore i get how you feel even though 28 years down the road i am having 'one of those days/weeks/months etc'.

It seems like you have taken the biggest step though in talking about this and dealing with it which is the best start. We all understand on here as we are all in it together.

You look pretty 😎 in your photo and can see the weight loss..well done...keep it up.

Hope you are feeling a bit better today...Mrs paranoid has been round my place though today but coming on here is my distraction when i am home alone.

Take care of yourself

Bernie xx 🙂

Id love to see a councillor about my mum that would help big time but ive never even been offered help.

We contacted Cruse Bereavement Care ourselves direct as gp was pretty useless, they are a nationwide organisation and will either come to your home to meet you or you can go to meetings. Tel. 0844 477 9400 / Email helpline@cruse.org.uk. The counsellor that my mum had was really good.

We contacted Cruse Bereavement Care ourselves direct as gp was pretty useless, they are a nationwide organisation and will either come to your home to meet you or you can go to meetings. Tel. 0844 477 9400 / Email helpline@cruse.org.uk. The counsellor that my mum had was really good.

Sorry to butt in but thanks Newbs i could do with them...

Shall send them an email

Sorry to butt in but thanks Newbs i could do with them...

Shall send them an email

Glad to be of help, hope you're ok.

woooowwweee what a difference in your pic !!

MexWave.gif

the key with T2 in my opinion is MODERATION ..no denial... just moderation ...Im comming up to my 2nd DX birthday and my GP is well happy with my HbA1c of 6.4 that has been constant for over a year ....i eat no refined sugar and moderated my fruit intake as through testing i discovered it sends me sky high....bread can be another problem for me But noodles which some find impossible seem fine ...get the testing machine and we will help you understand those figures ...
hope the show went well tonight and Im having a non guilty cider x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back