Healthier You: NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm due to go on a "Face to Face Type 2 Education Group Programme" run by Diabetes Care for You, in Brighton. Whatever that entails. I guess it might be similar to DESMOND in a few weeks time. Can't say I'm to excited about it...
I'd love to get your feedback if you do go.
I'm a member of a cross Sussex patient group who are involved in feeding back to the NHS to improve the standard of diabetes care across all of Sussex. I'm obviously a bit too far west (Worthing) to qualify.

I'm a member of a cross Sussex patient group who are involved in feeding back to the NHS to improve the standard of diabetes care across all of Sussex. I'm obviously a bit too far west (Worthing) to qualify.

It's an interesting subject.
I've been reading the minutes.

I think my current doubt, is with wanting to know more about what I'm faced with with T2, and the need to know things was greater when I was diagnosed last year, than it is now. DUK forums have been a great help, as has the DUK online learning.

Very true, I think the session would have been more beneficial when I was first diagnose as T2. With time comes greater knowledge...

I found it wasn't just the course I benefitted from, I also made up a network of HCPs and got referred to following courses and treatments.
A great dietician, physiotherapist and gym, exercise groups all came from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back