Health Anxiety Research Project- online questionnaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it that you're not able to answer my and Amberzak's questions Hannah?
Hi, again I'm sorry the questionnaire made you feel this way it is not my intent. I have compiled various questionnaires to assess different factors to then see if there is any relationship between them. Thank you for your feedback. If you have any further questions please email me on; 13004314@hope.ac.uk. Thank you.

Hi, again I'm sorry the questionnaire made you feel this way it is not my intent. I have compiled various questionnaires to assess different factors to then see if there is any relationship between them. Thank you for your feedback. If you have any further questions please email me on; 13004314@hope.ac.uk. Thank you.

Is this a stock answer?

The questionnaire didn't elicit any feelings apart from frustration that certain alternative answers hadn't been included in order for me to answer the questions.

However that's my last comment on the subject because I don't want the same reply again.

Just answered as best I could. I said I wasn't an irritable person but my mother may have other ideas. 🙂

Hi I had a problem with this. Diabetes has little to do with only eating unsweetened food or sugar free , its actually fast acting carbs that are our main problem, sugar is just another fast acting carb.
. Any unsweetened food
b. Any food that has “fat free” on the label
c. Any food that has “sugar free” on the label
d. Any food that has less than 20 calories per serving/

Good luck

After having completed the questionnaire, I have to agree with other comments that some questions are lacking of options.
Having diabetes means that one is diagnosed with serious life-threatening condition. On the other hand if the question was meant to ask if one was worried if besides diabetes one has some other illnesses, that was a misunderstanding (I'm not a native English speaker, sometimes I don't understand well what is written)
The other question, as @Ljc is the problem that in addition of sugars the other big problem for diabetics is starches and other fast-acting carbohydrates.
For instance 100 g of breadsticks are 400 calories and 70g of carbohydrates. A 100 g portion of Parnmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano has 400 calories too but no carboyhdrates the energy comes from 32 g of proteins and 29 g of fats. For people with diabetes it's way bettetter to eat a slice of cheese tnan a breadstick.

Also, some of us type Ines carb count and don't give up certain foods, but carb count them. (I say some because I know that there are some type ones on here who do low carbing, but I don't do low carbing).

Stress affects sugars, time of the month, excitement, exercise (some exercises will lower your sugars but others raise them).

Diabetes can be a serious and life threatening disease.

If you want to have a conversation about how diabetes affects me, someone with high anxiety over my disease, you can email me at amberzakfilmsuk@gmail.com and I'll gladly chat with you.

Is this a stock answer?

The questionnaire didn't elicit any feelings apart from frustration that certain alternative answers hadn't been included in order for me to answer the questions.

However that's my last comment on the subject because I don't want the same reply again.
Hi, I'm sorry the questions made you frustrated. I used a mix of verified questionnaires to develop my survey. The questions regarding anxiety are hypothetical for example if you went to the doctor for a particular symptom and they told you it was okay or thinking you have a different illness than the one you are suffering from. I do understand where you are coming from and thank you for the feedback, I will discuss this with my supervisor.

Thank you,
Hannah.

After having completed the questionnaire, I have to agree with other comments that some questions are lacking of options.
Having diabetes means that one is diagnosed with serious life-threatening condition. On the other hand if the question was meant to ask if one was worried if besides diabetes one has some other illnesses, that was a misunderstanding (I'm not a native English speaker, sometimes I don't understand well what is written)
The other question, as @Ljc is the problem that in addition of sugars the other big problem for diabetics is starches and other fast-acting carbohydrates.
For instance 100 g of breadsticks are 400 calories and 70g of carbohydrates. A 100 g portion of Parnmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano has 400 calories too but no carboyhdrates the energy comes from 32 g of proteins and 29 g of fats. For people with diabetes it's way bettetter to eat a slice of cheese tnan a breadstick.
Hi, thanks for completing the questionnaire. In regards to the question about serious illness it would be something other than diabetes. For the questions about diabetes education I have used questions previously developed from a verified questionnaire however thank you for the feedback I will check this with my supervisor.

Hannah.

Hi
Hi I had a problem with this. Diabetes has little to do with only eating unsweetened food or sugar free , its actually fast acting carbs that are our main problem, sugar is just another fast acting carb.
. Any unsweetened food
b. Any food that has “fat free” on the label
c. Any food that has “sugar free” on the label
d. Any food that has less than 20 calories per serving/

Good luck
Hi thanks for your reply. I did not develop the questions used they were taken from a verified questionnaire. Thank you for the feedback I will discuss this with my supervisor.

Reactions: Ljc
Also, some of us type Ines carb count and don't give up certain foods, but carb count them. (I say some because I know that there are some type ones on here who do low carbing, but I don't do low carbing).

Stress affects sugars, time of the month, excitement, exercise (some exercises will lower your sugars but others raise them).

Diabetes can be a serious and life threatening disease.

If you want to have a conversation about how diabetes affects me, someone with high anxiety over my disease, you can email me at amberzakfilmsuk@gmail.com and I'll gladly chat with you.
Hi, thanks for this feedback it is something I will discuss with my supervisor and I understand that diabetes can be a serious disease. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back