HBAC1 not going down

I hope that is it because I can't understand why it hasn't gone down.
When I had the first test done I wasn't anaemic but my ferritin was very low - 4. I've been taking Feroglobin since then and nothing was flagged up as needing treatment after the test is September.
Rebrascora has made a good point. I have been told by a GP and the Diabetic Nurse that your body won't work so well when you are older. We are all individual but, as I said ,it took three years for me to move mine downwards but others maybe move much quicker.

It sounds like you have done your best. I find Michael Moseley's books very useful and the lowcarbfreshwell.com site. Also, as my GP pointed out, a few years ago 42 was not an issue. The levels have been brought down though and now it is and we have to take it seriously.

Good luck with it all. Hopefully, it will reduce in time. Just to say too that this site is also very helpful and supportive.

Are they going to check your ferritin levels when you finish them, worth asking and then if back to normal get your HbA1C checked again or ask for the other fructosamine test.
No, I just get another general blood test in March.
She did say I was only to take the iron supplement for 6 to 9 month
I'll ask about the fructosamine test.

Rebrascora has made a good point. I have been told by a GP and the Diabetic Nurse that your body won't work so well when you are older. We are all individual but, as I said ,it took three years for me to move mine downwards but others maybe move much quicker.

It sounds like you have done your best. I find Michael Moseley's books very useful and the lowcarbfreshwell.com site. Also, as my GP pointed out, a few years ago 42 was not an issue. The levels have been brought down though and now it is and we have to take it seriously.

Good luck with it all. Hopefully, it will reduce in time. Just to say too that this site is also very helpful and supportive.
That is exactly what my friend said.
She's a practice nurse and said s few years ago 42 wasn't even pre-diabetic.

Back