HBA1C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about people with neuropathy due to bringing levels down to quickly. I am admittedly having regular bad headaches so let’s hope this isn’t the start of something. I am also only doing what my diabetic nurse has told me so hopefully gets no worse! Very interesting point on the glasses. Spec savers charged me £150 for new glasses because my prescription changed so much and that’s with the free eye test. So after I stabilise is it likely my prescription will go back to how it was?

So after I stabilise is it likely my prescription will go back to how it was?
It may well do. It is usually recommended to wait about 3 month after diagnosis and commencement of treatment before having an eye test because the sugar concentration in your body changes the shape and hence focal length of your eye lens. As your BG levels come down into the normal range and stabilize the lens should return to it's normal shape and your sight should return to what is normal for you unless there has been some deterioration in your sight due to other reasons during that time. All opticians should know this and refuse to test you during this interim period and certainly not prescribe new glasses unless they have explained to you the very temporary nature of the changes to your sight. Obviously some people have money to burn and might think nothing of forking out £150 or more for glasses which will only last them a few months but they should certainly be advised that it is likely transient.

Boehringer is indeed the company's name and Mannheim is the town in Germany where that branch of the company was based - or maybe still is, since Boehringer are still going strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back