HbA1c test today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin9

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all
I go for an HbA1c test later this morning after cutting my Metformin from 1500 mg daily to 1000mg daily, and I’m strangely nervous about the result.
I have had good control over my diabetes over the past year with scores never over 35 so should be ok, but can’t help wondering what effect the reduction of meds will have on my BG levels.
I won’t find out the results until Friday of this week so will be on tenterhooks till then..and as long as it’s under 40 I’m still doing ok.
It’s an ongoing struggle innit ?

M.

Good luck Martin 🙂 I've been in the 30s for 10 years, and I still get nervous about the results! 🙂

Hope your result reflects the efforts you have been putting in @Martin9

You’ll be fine!

Doubt that met does very much when you get BG down to these levels.

Hi all
I go for an HbA1c test later this morning after cutting my Metformin from 1500 mg daily to 1000mg daily, and I’m strangely nervous about the result.
I have had good control over my diabetes over the past year with scores never over 35 so should be ok, but can’t help wondering what effect the reduction of meds will have on my BG levels.
I won’t find out the results until Friday of this week so will be on tenterhooks till then..and as long as it’s under 40 I’m still doing ok.
It’s an ongoing struggle innit ?

M.
Good luck! Do you have online access to your notes? Our surgery have finally put test results online for the patient to see, and I found my HbA1c popped up within a couple of days, so by the time I went to see the nurse, I already knew it. It certainly took away that little niggle of anxiety I always get before my appointment. Funnily enough (or not, probably quite logically) when she did my blood pressure, it was the lowest it’s ever been at the surgery.

Good luck Martin I`m sure everything will be fine.

Good luck! Do you have online access to your notes? Our surgery have finally put test results online for the patient to see, and I found my HbA1c popped up within a couple of days, so by the time I went to see the nurse, I already knew it. It certainly took away that little niggle of anxiety I always get before my appointment. Funnily enough (or not, probably quite logically) when she did my blood pressure, it was the lowest it’s ever been at the surgery.
I’m currently in progress to have access to my notes but don’t have as of yet, I just received a letter this am with something I have to sign and post back , so in future I might be able to see online but not as yet...

Wish mine would allow, test results. Did not bother asking yesterday when I had bloods done, as when I asked about a year ago the person was quite dismissive.

Wish mine would allow, test results. Did not bother asking yesterday when I had bloods done, as when I asked about a year ago the person was quite dismissive.
In Scotland all are allowed to gain access to their notes, through www.mydiabetesmyway.scot.nhs.uk but in England I think it’s only some GP surgeries ...

In Scotland all are allowed to gain access to their notes, through www.mydiabetesmyway.scot.nhs.uk but in England I think it’s only some GP surgeries ...
I think all GP surgeries in England are supposed to offer online access by now, but ours was very slow off the mark, and for a couple of years we could only order repeats. Then they suddenly appointed a new office manager last year, and widened the access to booking appointments and seeing your test results, and some of your notes.

Thanh you , I am aware of this.
I think all GP surgeries in England are supposed to offer online access by now, but ours was very slow off the mark, and for a couple of years we could only order repeats. Then they suddenly appointed a new office manager last year, and widened the access to booking appointments and seeing your test results, and some of your notes.
What is supposed to happen and what does is up the practice.
I get my results and order my meds via https://www.patientaccess.com/ @grovesy also book appts for the dr
I can order medicines, I can book some appointments ,but they keep changing what sort of appointments you can book, and how far ahead. Most of the appointments for the Doctor are for phone consultations not face to face.

Ours comes up as 'My Health Online' but the web address starts with 'In Practice Systems'. You can book phlebotomy and GP visits but actually you can get an appointment today by ringing at 8am for morning or at 12.30 for afternoon ones, however the morning ones disappear quickly because you can call in from 7.30 so if you are close enough to physically visit when they open - then you book all the slots! LOL Can't book nurses or clinical pharmacists slots online in any event.

If GP hasn't physically ordered any tests, the results aren't visible online - hence I still can't see my hospital results until I get to the hospital. That's a bit of a nuisance really - I'm not mega bothered with my diabetes results - cos if the results were horrific and made you urgent I daresay they'd contact you. However - I used to be bothered when it was all more of a mystery! - and I'm a believer in being fore-warned and therefore hopefully fore-armed myself.

Have to wait till Monday as there no telephone appointments on Friday as only one practice nurse in GP practice on Friday and she’s booked solid, so Monday it is then 😡

Last edited:
Have to wait till Monday as there no telephone appointments on Friday as only one practice nurse in GP practice on Friday and she’s booked solid, so Monday it is then 😡

What a drag. We don't have records on-line here yet - some software screw-ups or something - but I just get the practice to leave a copy for me at reception. Dunno if they're supposed to do that but it would irk me having to book an appointment just to see my numbers.

Dunno if they're supposed to do that but it would irk me having to book an appointment just to see my numbers.

We're allowed to see the results so I doubt there's any problem with that. Whenever I've asked the receptionist has been fine just printing them out on the spot for me.

Although I cant access my results online, I can ring the dedicated results line at the surgery. They can only give when they have been reviewed by a practitioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back