HbA1C comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Northerner...Thank you also, Bev & Monica, I do appretiate your replies.

I will stick with my plan, I have ordered 2 Low Carb Cookbooks and a couple of books by Neal Bernard and Dr Berstein...Both on Low carbing and 'reversing' Diabtes type 2...I hope they will be of help!...My hubby is currently at Tescos examining all info on Low Cal drinks for me!...I am ready to try to fight this, but just feeling very low and tearful again tonight, just the depression I guess...I wasn't meaning to upset anyone by my posts, just feel so frightened at times :(

Sorry, I don't want to ambush Monica's thread...Northerner, I will keep in touch with you, let you know how I go, but will give it a couple of weeks, I know these things take time to have effect.

Thank you, Ellowyne

Ellowyne,
You havent upset anyone at all so dont worry. Please keep in touch and let us all know how you are. I hope the books give you some good advice and you can hopefully get on top of things.🙂Bev

Ellowyne,
You havent upset anyone at all so dont worry. Please keep in touch and let us all know how you are. I hope the books give you some good advice and you can hopefully get on top of things.🙂Bev

I second what Bev says. People are just concerned for you because you are so down. You are doing all you can and that is all anyone can expect.

I do hope that you can find a way forward, as Bev said, and I think I mentioned the other day it could be your ADs are causing part of the weight gain.

This will sound daft but try smiling - apparently just putting a smile on your face even if you don't feel like smiling can lift your mood.

Take care

My HbA1c was last at 8.4...and I know by my meter that my levels will be well above the 9's on my next test...Now, I am struggling so, so much and working so hard to try to get my daily fasting levels down, which by the way are in the 11's and 12's the past couple of weeks!!!.....When I come here and read posts like these, as valid as they may be, it really scares me!!

I have sat here crying reading these posts....'I know' what the complications can be, I'm trying hard to beat this thing and I can't!! Seems like I've got lots to look forward to then a....Gangerous legs, strokes, going blind and all
*Yay!!*

Just don't know what the point is really, perahps I should take a leaf out of the book of the lady that seems in denial about her Diabetes...at least I could just be blissfully ignnorant and be happy till the inevitable gets me!!!!

Oh well :(

Oh I did feel for you when I read this post. I was at a real low when I joined here this week. My last HB1AC was 9 and it was explained to me that the high sugars were probably not helping my mood either. You have joined here so that tells you that you want to do something about it. Try to keep postive and perhaps go back to the start as I have had to to reassess your control. Good Luck

Huge Thank you again! 🙂 I think I'd be lost without this here forum!

carolinelucy...You are on the Isle of Wight...So am I! :D

When I feel better I hope to go to one of the meetings in Southampton!...Maybe next year, fingers crossed!

Love to all, Ellowyne x

Huge Thank you again! 🙂 I think I'd be lost without this here forum!

carolinelucy...You are on the Isle of Wight...So am I! :D

When I feel better I hope to go to one of the meetings in Southampton!...Maybe next year, fingers crossed!

Love to all, Ellowyne x

We'd love to see you here! 🙂 I think the Solent is about to freeze over this week though, so might have to wait for the thaw! 😱

I am sure there are hundreds of teenagers who are told all the horrible complications you can face in future - and yet they still rebel or are in denial - so although it seems like the best thing to do - in practice - I am not sure it really works.🙂Bev

Worked for me!

Sorry, I don't want to ambush Monica's thread...

Ellowyne - don't worry about ambushing my thread, it was important that you got your feelings "of your chest" so to speak. I'm just sorry my thread upset you so much.

I wish you all the best in your quest to bring your HbA1C down to a level you (and noone else) will be happy with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back