Hba1c 124mmol

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmarie44

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I've just requested this from my gp and although I knew it would be high, I never imagined it would be that high. I rebelled and ignored that I had type 2 diabetes and stopped my meds and ate what i wanted and now I'm here. I'm ashamed and so angry with myself.

I'm still struggling with what to eat. I eat eggs, salmon and stir fry, tuna and sardines but don't know what else to eat

I've heard magnesium is supposed to help with so many things,is this true? Anyone take magnesium?

I've just requested this from my gp and although I knew it would be high, I never imagined it would be that high. I rebelled and ignored that I had type 2 diabetes and stopped my meds and ate what i wanted and now I'm here. I'm ashamed and so angry with myself.

I'm still struggling with what to eat. I eat eggs, salmon and stir fry, tuna and sardines but don't know what else to eat

I've heard magnesium is supposed to help with so many things,is this true? Anyone take magnesium?
Hi, and welcome. Yes, that is high, but many of us have been diagnosed with an HbA1c in 3 figures but nonetheless have managed to turn things around. Well done in facing up to where you are in such a positive way.

I don't take magnesium or other supplements apart from Vit D (GP's recommendation) as I prefer to get my minerals from what I eat - Food First is a mantra I read somewhere - but other members might and may be able to answer your question.

Are you back on meds?

I avoid seed oils and grain, potatoes and other starchy veges, high carb fruits and low fat options, but eat just about anything else.
Most foods day to day are under 11% carbs.
I have some high cocoa chocolate in the fridge, but a bar can last over a month.
We evolved to eat anything not fast enough to escape which would not make us ill to swallow it, and then developed methods to catch or process the swift and/or poisonous, so nature did give us a pretty full larder.

Depending on what meds you are taking as with some you need to be careful about going too low on carbs but with most (other than insulin) then aiming at 130g per day should be OK.
Have a look at this link as there are many more food you can eat. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/
People often use magnesium if they suffer from cramps in their legs as that can help but otherwise eating veg, meat, fish and staying well hydrated is the best way.

Hi, and welcome. Yes, that is high, but many of us have been diagnosed with an HbA1c in 3 figures but nonetheless have managed to turn things around. Well done in facing up to where you are in such a positive way.

I don't take magnesium or other supplements apart from Vit D (GP's recommendation) as I prefer to get my minerals from what I eat - Food First is a mantra I read somewhere - but other members might and may be able to answer your question.

Are you back on meds?
I've been back on meds since the beginning of March. My sugar often goes to 11 and 12 which is awful but better then it was

Depending on what meds you are taking as with some you need to be careful about going too low on carbs but with most (other than insulin) then aiming at 130g per day should be OK.
Have a look at this link as there are many more food you can eat. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/
People often use magnesium if they suffer from cramps in their legs as that can help but otherwise eating veg, meat, fish and staying well hydrated is the best way.
I'm on 2000mg of metformin and 25mg on empagliflozin. I thought I would try magnesium, not just because it helps insulin resistance and lowers blood sugar, but also helps mental health and sleep so worth a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back