Has anyone put the heating on yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm trying to put it off -it cost me a fortune last year! Never felt the cold like this in my pre-diagnosis days :(

I'm trying to put it off -it cost me a fortune last year! Never felt the cold like this in my pre-diagnosis days :(

Im too poor for heating since i moved out. still have my scarf on as im typing this though!

Heating

Don't know why but I don't really feel the cold - just as well living in Scotland! I'm sitting here in bare feet and short sleeved shirt (and jeans of course!). Wife however is in shirt, cardigan and jeans and the heating is on! Fortunately we both work so can afford it - although I could live without it more!
Stay warm all.

Yup, it's brass monkeys here in the highlands and I tried hiding under the duvet, still frizz, so on with the heating.

me neither, stange isn't it?! I feel the cold badly now.

I put the heating on sat, sun and mon for an hour. Not today though as it's rained and been a bit more mild 🙂

I always leave it as long as possible before putting the heating on, but then, unless it's REALLY cold, I don't feel the cold. I'm sitting here in a skirt, vest top and bare feet. I'll probably put a top on later.

I usually put the heating on once we've had a few nights where putting on a cardigan and woolly socks just isn't enough, lol, or when my teeth start chattering on getting up at 6.15am !!

xx

Alison
I'm only Fife so I know it's colder where you are as I have relatives in Inverness. Keep warm.

no heating on yet. We're refusing to put the heaters on...cuz they use so much electric and we're too poor to put them on

Not put the heating on yet but I did move out of shorts and into trousers
at the weekend! My two boys are still wearing shorts - out of choice!!
Kathy

We have the heating on. Put it on last week sometime! I really start to feel the cold but other half would have me sat here like a mitchellin man to avoid putting it on sometimes!

Not at home, but my desk at work (where I am STILL right now....hmph) is in the foyer of a drafty open-brick building, with a gap under the door. So I've got my heater on next to me. And my fingerless gloves. I have naff circulation though, so i'm always cold. And no, the fingerless gloves are not the kind to make me look like Fagin 😉

Fingerless gloves! Why on earth didn't I think of that? My hands are like blocks of ice. I'll get knitting right away.

our heating is linked to old folks home next door...so it comes at a flat rate...?20 per week but that includes the hot water! thank god with all my lot here! and only a bath...

Have had it on for a few 1 hour slots for about a fortnight.
Needed it the yesterday morning (- 2C ). Going to be cold again later tonight - probably a slight air frost.
We replaced the boiler (oil) 18 months ago + 3 new extremely efficient panel radiators. Cut our usage by about 60%

Have had it on for a few 1 hour slots for about a fortnight.
Needed it the yesterday morning (- 2C ). Going to be cold again later tonight - probably a slight air frost.
We replaced the boiler (oil) 18 months ago + 3 new extremely efficient panel radiators. Cut our usage by about 60%

That's part of my problem, my boiler is about 15 years old...:(

Eeee, that won't be energy efficient, I imagine?

Dreadful - should have replaced it when I moved in, but had great plans for the house before I quit my job. Now I can't afford it! Having said that, I've only had central heating where I've lived in my last two places. I remember one flat in Sheffield where the ice was on the inside of the windows!😱

Our heating has gone on already. I really feel the cold, if I get cold (say if I kick the duvet off at night) it makes me feel really ill and I struggle to warm up for hours.

Having said all that I'm sweltering now, but that I think is because I'm fighting off a cold.

We've had a few log fires - trying to refrain from putting the central heating on yet! A has taken to wearing thermals under his uniform!:DBev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back