Has Anyone found vouchers for Libre 1 Sensors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was funding one every 6 weeks and found it very valuable.
That's useful to know. I have been delaying replacing the sensor by only a few days so that I'm buying 2 every 33 days. I'd wait longer than that but for the fact I used to get a lot of nocturnal hypos but have only had one since I started using sensors 6 weeks ago. Good innit 🙂

Sometimes it is more practical, and a lot less hassle not to insist on your rights.
I can imagine protracted weeks of going back and forth with the supplier, but a quick phone call or email to Abbot normally solves it in one go, with a replacement mailed directly to you.
I had a broken vacuum cleaner once, still under guarantee. John Lewis said to me, look, we could arrange to collect it, inspect it, refund you if that is appropriate, then you can buy a new one….but if we give you the number of the manufacture, we know they are very good at sending out a replacement with no quibbles, and it’ll be quicker and easier, if you are prepared to phone them, and you’ll have your new cleaner from them next day delivery. So that’s what I did, (with the proviso that I could go back to JL customer services if I encountered problems).
Interesting read, Robin. We have been very fortunate throughout our long lives in never having to declare anything at all damaged or faulty but I am aware of the law should I ever have to.

That's useful to know. I have been delaying replacing the sensor by only a few days so that I'm buying 2 every 33 days. I'd wait longer than that but for the fact I used to get a lot of nocturnal hypos but have only had one since I started using sensors 6 weeks ago. Good innit 🙂
For me Libre don’t stop hypos. They give me the data to work out what causes them so i was am to make adjustments to my treatment to minimise hypos.
I was managing my diabetes with finger pricks for over 15 years and others have been doing so for much much longer - those who are receiving their long term medals didn’t have finger prick meters for most of their life with diabetes.

For me Libre don’t stop hypos. They give me the data to work out what causes them so i was am to make adjustments to my treatment to minimise hypos.
I was managing my diabetes with finger pricks for over 15 years and others have been doing so for much much longer - those who are receiving their long term medals didn’t have finger prick meters for most of their life with diabetes.
Well, yes. That's what I was trying to say, that the sensor lets me see when my bs is going down and I know that I need to adjust my food, and in doing so I haven't had any hypos in 6 weeks. I cannot imagine life as a diabetic without a finger prick (fp) meter. How did fp work back then? Maybe there were fewer diabetics years ago as I never became aware of anyone with diabetes, as far as I remember. Correction, there was a lovely, very jolly, happy-go-lucky colleague at work who did not take a blind bit of notice of his diabetes, who ate mars bars nearly every day and sadly died in his 50s. That would be some 30 years ago and he is the only diabetic that I knew of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back