Happy World Chocolate Day !

Status
Not open for further replies.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Apparently, according to Microsoft, that is what it is. Thought to meself, would be churlish to ignore it and not celebrate, so I may need to break out a chocolate orange later ...... !

:D 🙂🙄

Apparently, according to Microsoft, that is what it is. Thought to meself, would be churlish to ignore it and not celebrate, so I may need to break out a chocolate orange later ...... !

According to wikipedia its observance dates all the way back to 2009 and they give the source as "The 2009 Weird & Wacky Holiday Marketing Guide". I must admit I was expecting it to be some more obvious and identifiable confectionary company, so that's a pleasantly odd origin.

Oooh darn, Jen. You have reminded me that I have several blocks of Terry's white choccie orange in the fridge!

So this too is a good thing to have occasionally of course? Terry choc orange someone mentioned white or is this Type 1 only?

Impressed that you have self control to keep a chocolate orange in stock. If we had one it would have stayed in the fridge long enough to get to just the right texture for that crunch to be perfect.
It’s no good I shall have to go and find one now.

Oh gawd how I miss cadbury's dark chocolate buttons 😉

Or any chocolate for that matter......................

@Nayshiftin - Patti and I personally only know exactly how our Type 1 bodies react to chocolate. However you know how elderly folk used to say to you that a little bit of what you fancy does you good? Well buggrit, afraid both of us would by now both qualify as 'elderly' at least to the casual observer though both our personas would categorically deny that - but sometimes you really do have to try things before ruling them out!

My main caveat about such things is, if I'm going to be naughty, it has to be worthwhile so I allow myself to cheat sometimes, yes, BUT only with things I really really like! (It's also possible that actually being able to stop at that 'little bit' plays a part. My parents didn't have 'more than enough' disposable income when we were little and hence I spose we gradually learned how to savour any special treats properly, rather than just expecting them to be available. Cos they weren't!)

@Nayshiftin - Patti and I personally only know exactly how our Type 1 bodies react to chocolate. However you know how elderly folk used to say to you that a little bit of what you fancy does you good? Well buggrit, afraid both of us would by now both qualify as 'elderly' at least to the casual observer though both our personas would categorically deny that - but sometimes you really do have to try things before ruling them out!

My main caveat about such things is, if I'm going to be naughty, it has to be worthwhile so I allow myself to cheat sometimes, yes, BUT only with things I really really like! (It's also possible that actually being able to stop at that 'little bit' plays a part. My parents didn't have 'more than enough' disposable income when we were little and hence I spose we gradually learned how to savour any special treats properly, rather than just expecting them to be available. Cos they weren't!)
Im not a chocolate lover can take it or leave it. However i agree a little of what you fancy died you good . A little being the word .
Being type one enjoy all you can . Bless you .
if you are Elderly you have done well.
Im really just not hot these Carbs sorted . I detested dark high % chocolate but i
can devour milk. like cream would be nocd but white choc will have too high sugars.
i will not rush to buy.
Liking popcorn and some meals like aubergene and courgette parmasan . i have cod n parsley sauce with cauliflower and celeriac. Just need to dr the sauce.

Would say have chocolate most days, even if its just kit kat which I love.

BTW, can anyone eat a kit kat without nibbling chocolate off first from all sides then top layer.

Oh, look, a line of ( insert your own example of people / things that you consider useless)

Oh, look, a line of ( insert your own example of people / things that you consider useless)
Yes chocolate teapots “useless “ maybe but they do look good. Better than biting the head of chic bears, bunnies ,cats or dogs . i guess

BTW, can anyone eat a kit kat without nibbling chocolate off first from all sides then top layer.
Of course not - a Kit Kat or similar absolutely MUST be eaten the proper way, in order to properly enjoy it. Terry's Waifa biscuits are even better for that very purpose - plus I always thought, less actual wafer.

My main caveat about such things is, if I'm going to be naughty, it has to be worthwhile so I allow myself to cheat sometimes, yes, BUT only with things I really really like!
Also do this!

And kitkat, nibble off the ends and use it like a straw in a cup of coffee (can only do it once) and its a bit ol yummy coffee filled melty mess :D

Got one in my Hypo collection

Would say have chocolate most days, even if its just kit kat which I love.

Me! That’s even weirder than Mr Eggy biting into BOTH fingers whilst they’re still joined. I’m seriously thinking of divorce. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back