Votes: 29 58.0%
  • No, they're USELESS

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • They're OK, I suppose-ish

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like my consultant and her registrar. My DSN is great aswell. It will be a shame to lave this team if I transfer my care more locally. I only go once a year now and mange myself for the rest of the time.

Like a lot of things in the medical line - I think it is down to where you live.

Overall, my team are great, sure ver my 10 years I have encountered one or two duffers, but on the whole great

I can only wish that everyone was as lucky

Oooh, can I vote a few times for each person?!! 😛

Consultant - Wonderful, amazing, brilliant - treats me like an intelligent human being (crazy man!) and it feels like a good partnership in care
DSNs - very variable... 'nuff said... :(
Diabetic Obstetrician - OUTSTANDING 🙂 God bless him, he is a STAR. Shame about the rest of the team... 🙄

Having been around the block a few times, been treated in various hospitals, I'm sad to say in my experience the consultant & obs consultant are either the odd ones out or in a class of their own, depending on how you want to look at it lol! I'm just very lucky to have been under their care.

I use to have a brilliant team at Ipswich Hospital but now i've moved i dislike the new team just isn't the same, but i probs like that as i have been with them for nearly 9 years.

interesting to see its mainly dieticians people have issues with. My experiences are the same. My consultant is superb and I dread the day he retires, hes the only person I really see for my Diabetes. One the rare occasions I have seen a Dietician the advice hasn't been up to much. Even on the DAFNE course the advice was sometimes simplistic, which is apparently deliberate to ensure everyone follows it, so no real mention of GI.

Looking at the results to date, it would seem that most are happy with their HCP's, its interesting because after reading so many negative posts about gp's and consultants on Internet forums I thought the vote would be split 50/50 for example. Toby.

What healthcare team In the four years since my diagnosis i think i've been forgotten by the medical profession,i see a nurse twice a year had no doctor hospital or consultant appointment no dietary advice or even general diabetes advice,i know they cant tell me everything but initial advice /help would of possibly helped prevent me from the mess i feel i've got myself into at the moment

What healthcare team In the four years since my diagnosis i think i've been forgotten by the medical profession,i see a nurse twice a year had no doctor hospital or consultant appointment no dietary advice or even general diabetes advice,i know they cant tell me everything but initial advice /help would of possibly helped prevent me from the mess i feel i've got myself into at the moment

Care does appear very poor in some places, sometimes even down to the individual doctor or nurse we see (or don't). Diabetes UK produce a booklet that tells you what you should expect from the NHS, available free:

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/OnlineShop/New-to-Diabetes/What-diabetes-care-to-expect/

I have voted great, but that is because I am happy with the last two consultants and the hospital team in general are good.

I doubt i would be pumping or even on mdi though if i had not sought them out myself.

As for the early days at the gps, well Id rather not go into all that again! 😱 all I will say is diagnosed = mis, advice = dont eat grapes, nuff said :(

There is only 1 gp out of many at my surgery that i will see out of many . Regardless of what I go in there for.

i had to vote 'ish' because my experience has been so mixed ;

My GP took 18 months to diagnose K, and only tested for D after our optitian 'suggested' it was the cause of her vision problems. K has not seen him since re her D

The Dsn and hospital team in general were brilliant when K was dx, and were very understanding and patient. However i find the (same) dsn is now very off hand now, and I feel we are expected to have worked it all out by now. I asked her for advice on injecting at our last appt. as K would only inject in her arms and i believe this is because her technique is wrong and she is hurting herself. The dsn suggested i bribe her to inject elsewhere!

We have two consultants, one is OK the other is type 1 himself and we love him!

Our dietitian tries to help but as we are vegetarian struggles to adapt her advice to K. I did find her Carb counting course useful, and we were not pressured into starting.

It is our GP surgery that was by far the worst, failing to test for D when sending her for blood tests 6 months prior to dx, and telling me her weight loss was due to her age. Gp's need to be better educated about D 😡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back