Happiness research/Free meters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicsetter

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
A little push to the top to help others take advantage if they want.

ooooooooooooo a new meter to try and review on the blog :D

I shall be interested to see what you think, I'm sure it gives slightly lower readings than my USB Contour.

Another push up to give others a chance. Good luck to all who enter

Not long ago I obtained one of these cool Mylife Pura meters from Switzerland. Browsing their blog today I found this interesting article on Seratonin and Diabetes :https://www.mylife-pura.co.uk/pura-blog-detail/items/happiness-hormone-controls-insulin-release.html

You can also apply for a free meter (looks a bit like an iPod) from here if you are on insulin.

That article may go some way to explain why some diabetics have an increased risk of hypos when taking SSRIs.

i've sent off my request for one!

me threeeeeeeeeee

I don't think anything will stop me using the USB right now though. I'm far too in love with it 😱

I have sent of a request too ...:D

me as well if its got 3 on it it has my name on it as well lol

Bloo** hell that was quick only requested on the 10th i got a recorder ed parcel this morning and it was the meter. i must say i like the fact the display is so large with my eyesight that is a bonus, also like the way blood tester strip is in machine makes it easer to remove without risk of touching blood sample😛

Bloo** hell that was quick only requested on the 10th i got a recorder ed parcel this morning and it was the meter. i must say i like the fact the display is so large with my eyesight that is a bonus, also like the way blood tester strip is in machine makes it easer to remove without risk of touching blood sample😛

hopefully mine will arrive soon :D

I've put my name down!

mine arrived, just had a play and did a test...I have to say its...odd. First impressions - not a fan. I shall review it on TBG next week 🙂

I got one today as well, I think its quite cool although not keen for the way the strips go in, its rather odd....

I got one today as well, I think its quite cool although not keen for the way the strips go in, its rather odd....

It is isn't it? They're a bit big as well. I can't make head nor tail of it tbh either. It looks kind of cool but I still think the USB Contour looks way cooler.

Did you pay for your USB contour? I think they look really cool too... Mine is a basic optium xceed one only coz the strips are the easiest to get hold of when I take my prescription to chemist 🙄

Yeh I bought it. I don't have any trouble getting the strips on prescription. The USB contour uses the same strips as the big Bayer Contour meter. Looks cool and the battery lasts and lasts. My only complaint is hitting the wrong button and marking a reading as before meal instead of before bed, and then you can't delete it or change it, so your stats are all screwed.

I do love my Contour but need to find out how to use it properly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back