Had enough of searching for bread , I give up

I’m not sure the exact nutritional value of this from Lidl (carb content etc) they call it a seeded sourdough
nutritional info might be somewhere but, I can’t see it anywhere, it’s one they bake in-store, as a freshly baked
I usually only have 2 small slices for breakfast, but I find this ok for me, doesn’t spike my levels to much
and usually buy a loaf then slice & freeze it,

Attachments

• IMG_2967.jpeg
    IMG_2967.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 5
I’m not sure the exact nutritional value of this from Lidl (carb content etc) they call it a seeded sourdough
nutritional info might be somewhere but, I can’t see it anywhere, it’s one they bake in-store, as a freshly baked
I usually only have 2 small slices for breakfast, but I find this ok for me, doesn’t spike my levels to much
and usually buy a loaf then slice & freeze it,
NutraCheck says 40g carb per 100g

NutraCheck says 40g carb per 100g
ok thanks @Leadinglights for that information, I’ve just sliced a loaf up this evening
looks like I’m getting an average 3 slices per 100g so maybe not as healthy as I thought it was 🙄

I’m trying to be careful, but I’m no expert in carb counting
usually following having 2 slices toasted, spread with peanut butter, & smashed banana, some seeds sprinkled on top with a cup of coffee, it’s just a quick breakfast when I’m in a hurry (which I usually am)
still usually within 3 hrs my levels have fallen back down,
thinking I should get the bread-maker out & make something low-carb
maybe next week as I’m on holiday.

I can't go without bread. I have Warburtons no added sugar wholemeal. Just two slices for breakfast as I have to eat some carbs to take glicazide.
Good bread is one of life's pleasures and I'd find it very difficult to give it up altogether, though I do eat various substitutes made with chickpea flour - wraps an the like. But toasted wholemeal with butter and marmalade or marmite is my weekend breakfast. 🙂

That livlife is dreadful in my opinion and today went to three sainsburys here in South Wales to find out none of them stock hi lo which people on here say is OK

So I am going to eat LESS bread and when I eat it I will go for stuff like lidl low gi brown ........still carb high but I can't live my life like a inmate

Sandwiches with that sort of dense bread are so much more tasty than the sliced white rubbish ........and a few times a week is going to do me less harm than the endless chips , rice , Chinese, sausage in batter , crisps I have gorged on for 5 years
Hi
I make my own as I’ve had a bread baker machine for many years. I generally buy the better milled flour from independent mills, can get some in supermarkets. I generally use higher proportion of whole meal type flours mixed with white. The better quality flours are better. In with my flour mix i put in a big scoop of my mixed seeds that i buy separately and combine. The bigger seeds like pumpkin and sun flower I grind up but you could just put in whole.

Not certain if it is the same for type 2 as type 1, or if I am preaching to the converted, but high fibre/ lower carb tends to not spike my blood glucose levels anywhere near as much as others. The 'golden ratio' (for want of a better phrase) is anything above 1g of fibre to 5g of carbs. White bread, flatbread, focaccia, brioche etc are pretty much no go's for me as they have hardly any fibre or protein but are very high in carbs (as well as sugar). Ezekiel bread is good as it has bags of protein, high fibre and lower carbs than most other bread. Many Pumpernickel, Flax & Chia breads have carb content of around 30g and fibre of around 11g-12g, so tend to have shorter and lower rise. Sourdough can also better than some due to the slower fermentation process.

I do agree though that for our mental health/ well being I don't beat myself up if we head out for an Indian meal and order a Keema Naan, even though I know that it will cause a spike and high levels for a longer period of time than I would ideally like.

Back