Guess my HbA1c level game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi

I saw the other thread and guessing game for a light hearted way to pass the time and as I am currently waiting for my results, test was taken 9 days ago, and not yet back but shouldn't be too long to wait now, so if anyone fancies a guess, the winner with the closest guess will be admired by all 🙂

So my last HbA1c was on 1st July and it was 80 and my blood plasma a week earlier was 19.4! I have since reduced carbs to less than 100g a day and lost 3 stone, and given up smoking, plus taken up exercising regularly.

I do finger prick tests and seem to be about 6 in the morning on waking, and a rise of 2-3 after meals, I have had a few spikes but only to the 10s and 1 11 but mainly my readings are under 8 and between 6 and 7.5

So who would like to take a guess?

45!

54 (only because it should have been coming down gradually - hope I'm wrong though :D)

Firstly your results are taking a long time ! Usually no more than 48 hours or so however I can say with absolute certainty that your result will be better than the last one… I win !

Great set of results there @Jenny65 (everyone has a rogue wobble every now and then!). Lovely to see your hard work paying off.

I confidently predict you will get a 52mmol/mol - and very well deserved too.

Thanks for reviving the ‘guess the A1c‘ tradition 🙂

Great set of results there @Jenny65 (everyone has a rogue wobble every now and then!). Lovely to see your hard work paying off.

I confidently predict you will get a 52mmol/mol - and very well deserved too.

Thanks for reviving the ‘guess the A1c‘ tradition 🙂
Oh that would be a good result, I hope you are right 🙂

Firstly your results are taking a long time ! Usually no more than 48 hours or so however I can say with absolute certainty that your result will be better than the last one… I win !
really is that the case, they rush through the bad results and leave the others to fester, oh I hope you are right about that Emma, I could do with some good news 🙂 I did ask how long the results would be when they took the blood and was told, 1 week for the liver test and 2 for the cholesterol and the HbA1c results as they went to a different lab, the doctor said the lab they use now has a delay so its taking longer. 🙂

Somewhere between 42 and 48 but if forced will say 46.
Oh I like this, hedging your bets here, I would be happy with anything in this region 🙂

54 (only because it should have been coming down gradually - hope I'm wrong though :D)
I would still be happy with this result and to be honest I keep thinking, what if my hard work hasnt paid off and I am now 150 ! 🙂

This would be a nice result, would that make me pre diabetic?

Well… technically I think it would make you a PWD with an A1c in the prediabetic range. And if you kept it there with no meds for 3 months, possibly a PWD in remission?

Do you use the NHS app @Jenny65 (or the Patient Access app if your surgery prefers that?). You should be able to review your results there as soon as your surgery have added them to their system, which might be a way of getting them sooner?

Well… technically I think it would make you a PWD with an A1c in the prediabetic range. And if you kept it there with no meds for 3 months, possibly a PWD in remission?

Do you use the NHS app @Jenny65 (or the Patient Access app if your surgery prefers that?). You should be able to review your results there as soon as your surgery have added them to their system, which might be a way of getting them sooner?
Yes I have the app and can see my liver results are there, they came back really quickly last week, all improved except my ALP has elevated slightly which my doctor wants to discuss but its 177 which is about 50 higher than it should have been and my doctor noted its been a similar elevation since 2011 (but no one said anything to me when that result came back as I wasn't diabetic then, well not aware if I was) but he wants me to contact him in the next 4 weeks to discuss these results (4 weeks makes me think non-urgent) I am waiting for the other results before making an appointment in case these need discussing too...more the cholesterol one in particular, as may need statins.

One thing that went through my mind though what if the doctor has told the admin not to add my other results on the app until he has spoken to me first! I could be waiting a long time 🙂

The results would normally be back in a few days, but all the tests may not be at the same time and sometimes would not be released until the Doctor had looked at everything to get the overall picture as some may impact on others.
9 days though worth ringing them.

really is that the case, they rush through the bad results and leave the others to fester, oh I hope you are right about that Emma, I could do with some good news 🙂 I did ask how long the results would be when they took the blood and was told, 1 week for the liver test and 2 for the cholesterol and the HbA1c results as they went to a different lab, the doctor said the lab they use now has a delay so its taking longer. 🙂
I had my first HbA1c since diagnosis the day before you I think, on the 29th Sept and got my results last week, which I am still disappointed with, dropped from 50 to 44 whilst MySugr app has been saying 34. I mention it because I think my expectations were raised by seeing the estimation on MySugr.
I've lost just over 2.5 stone and dropped from a size 16 to a size 10 which is a good if expensive result as I need new clothes. :rofl:
My cholesterol has dropped from 8.3 to 5.7 which means I've dropped my risk from heart disease from 50% to 33% 🙂retesting HbA1c week before Christmas!
Got fingers crossed for a great result for you @Jenny65 🙂

Yes this is what I was told when I went for my results last week, if I'm still below 48 next test in December, which will be 6 months since diagnosis I will be classed as diabetic in remission, I am not and haven't taken any meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back