Guess Finn's HbA1c

Status
Not open for further replies.
97% time in range but then a hba1c 12 points higher than libre predicts suggests that your libre just isn’t reading accurately, and it’s overestimating your time in range. Are you drinking enough fluids?
I drink at least 2.5 litres of water a day. I have 3-4 cups of herbal tea a day, plus one cup of black tea, each cup topped up with another 400mL of hot water (I keep a small Thermos with me at my desk).

I haven't consciously changed my fluid intake since my previous HbA1c (it was 44 at the end of June 2022). That test was closer to the Libre estimate - Libre predicted 41 and I was 44.

I'm not worried about my result, just a bit confused since it's not what I was expecting.

I'll do more finger pricking to check my sensors are accurate. I tend to check a few times at the start of each sensor, then only if I'm low or feel differently than the sensor says.

Cracking numbers @Finn

Since no one has nabbed it I’ll confidently predict 41.

Hope you are pleased with the result whatever it ends up being 🙂

Cracking numbers @Finn

Since no one has nabbed it I’ll confidently predict 41.

Hope you are pleased with the result whatever it ends up being 🙂
Finn got the result 😉 that's what the rest of the discussion is about

Oops!

FWIW @Finn Libre (and Dex and mySugr) always suggest optimistically low A1c results for me. They are only ever an ‘ish’ suggestion.

Oops!

FWIW @Finn Libre (and Dex and mySugr) always suggest optimistically low A1c results for me. They are only ever an ‘ish’ suggestion.
Yeah, I know the predicted HbA1c/GMI in the app isn't going to be spot on, but since the app's prediction was lower this time than it was last time, I'd assumed my actual HbA1c would also be lower. Previously it was only optimistically low by a few points; this time it was very optimistically low by 12 points.

I've got no problem with the result. It just caught me off guard since all the Libre data (97% TIR, average blood glucose of 6, not much time spent high besides those veggie burger and chips excursions the few weeks before my test - I'm still figuring out how to bolus for those) was pointing toward a lower HbA1c than last time. Instead, it was higher.

I'll remember to do some finger sticks throughout the life span of each sensor to guage each one's reliability. Previously, I've only checked a few times at the start of each sensor, if I'm low or if I feel differently that Libre is telling me. It's usually pretty close in those situations, so I haven't had reason to doubt its accuracy.

We'll see what the next test reveals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back