Guardian 3 issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously don't understand what's happening with me, New transmitter, new sensor 1 day old & 24hrs in I've got sensor updating again. Think im done with Medtronic's cgm now to be honest

Oh dear, its failed 😡😡😡

How gutting for you @Maco

Sounds like an absolute nightmare.

I wonder if there would be any possibility of switching to a different system within the warranty period since it just doesn’t seem to work for you.

Certainly continuing with this level of disappointment and hassle seems untenable - and there is no way you could have known this before you made your choice without having a trial period. :(

Have you tried a different senso-inserter thingy? That’s the only piece of the puzzle I can think of that you may not have swapped.

Sounds like a loop of frustration @Maco

I’m sure you’ll have gone through this step with Medtronic but what happens when you use the green transmitter tester, do you get the green light flashing on the transmitter and the sensor icon on your pump? Just a thought.

29574BE3-B713-468A-93D2-13C7DAB96667.png

Hi @Flower, yeah I’ve done all tests with the transmitter. Medtronic have sent me a new transmitter just incase that was the problem but since then I’ve still had a sensor go on to fail.

@everydayupsanddowns Hi bud, the sensor inserter is certainly a possibility. Every time i remove the faulty sensor the little bit that’s in your arm is never straight. It’s started to twist If that makes sense. Honestly if my DSN offered me a different pump say for instance the tandem with dexcom I think I’d bite her hand off. When I inquired about getting a pump back in November I wasn’t given any options I was just told I was getting the 780G with the guardian. It’s certainly not something your going to argue about.

On a positive note, I’ve fitted a new sensor on the love handle area of my back which seems to be the place I have the most fat & it’s worked perfectly for 2 days. Not getting carried away just yet but maybe my arms & front of the stomach aren’t suitable.

Hi @Flower, yeah I’ve done all tests with the transmitter. Medtronic have sent me a new transmitter just incase that was the problem but since then I’ve still had a sensor go on to fail.

@everydayupsanddowns Hi bud, the sensor inserter is certainly a possibility. Every time i remove the faulty sensor the little bit that’s in your arm is never straight. It’s started to twist If that makes sense. Honestly if my DSN offered me a different pump say for instance the tandem with dexcom I think I’d bite her hand off. When I inquired about getting a pump back in November I wasn’t given any options I was just told I was getting the 780G with the guardian. It’s certainly not something your going to argue about.

On a positive note, I’ve fitted a new sensor on the love handle area of my back which seems to be the place I have the most fat & it’s worked perfectly for 2 days. Not getting carried away just yet but maybe my arms & front of the stomach aren’t suitable.
Hope it lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back