Good-old NHS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry you are having an experience like this, mine wasn't much better! I was diagnosed T2 in 2008 at the ripe old age of 25! Probably due to my weight, but it took 3years and an admit to hospital with DKA, BS of 30+ and weight loss of 4 stone+ to be finally told I'm actually a type 1.5.
My consultant is great though, and the DNS has been amazing over the last 6months but it does seem to take far too long to get a correct diagnosis. People assume because I am fat I will be T2 but it's not always the case.

I hope you get the right tests & diagnosis quickly so you can get on the right treatment.

Hi Tom - sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience! I had a similarly bad one. I'm 23 and got diagnosed T2 a month ago. They refused to give me any eye or foot checks due to my age. I wasn't given a meter because my sugars were "always gonna be high", called morbidly obese about 10 times in a 5minute conversation and then given metformin and sent on my way!

Don't give up though! If you look on here you'll see a recent post by me about my second nurse visit that was much more successful! (I've written down the second nurses name for future appointments!!)

Keep going back and asking for more information. Keep testing and looking after yourself. I hope you do go back and you do have a more successful and informative visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back