good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bev, one thing you could do is make sure the letters to the PCT from your consultant and/or your GP have been written or are written as soon as possible! We followed up everything to see when the letters were being done, and I suspect this helped things along. You can't poke the PCT, but you can poke others! All of our correspondence happened incredibly quickly, so the month over the decision to fund was the longest wait we had...

Of course it will get done, but if you want speed (and before Alex is in secondary would be great of course), you can jog things so they are done a bit faster. Most systems work at their own speed, in order -- and you have cause for things to be a bit 'out of' order because of your situation...

Hi Patricia,
I understand what you mean, and for this reason we took the decision to organise our own demonstration of the medtronic pump, as from past experience with the hospital they seem to take ages organising reps etc.
At least this way they cant delay things because we will have already viewed the pump and got ourselves familiar with it. So, hopefully,the only thing we are actually waiting for is the PCT to say yes! Oh, and of course, the training day/days. Our hospital dont actually do the saline start, not sure if this is a good or bad idea!
It is 1 week today since we were told about the pump - so i will give it a few more days before i contact them. I could use the excuse of telling them not to bother organising a pump rep as we have already done it. As we left the clinic last monday the consultant said he was going to do the letter that day - so fingers crossed he did and its all ticking along!🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back