Good news on HbA1c...

Wished I could get a blood test done just to find out if by cutting down on carbs and really taking it seriously has worked. My reading was 46 in January and I asked if I could request another blood test this week and told no. Only if GP had requested it. Which he hasn’t it’s just I’d like to know. Apparently I have to wait until my annual test next January.

Wished I could get a blood test done just to find out if by cutting down on carbs and really taking it seriously has worked. My reading was 46 in January and I asked if I could request another blood test this week and told no. Only if GP had requested it. Which he hasn’t it’s just I’d like to know. Apparently I have to wait until my annual test next January.
Fingers crossed you get an encouraging result in Jan @Theo

Slightly strange the variation we see on the forum - some called to a follow-up HbA1c in 3 or 6 months, while others have to wait a year!

Wondering if it’s got to be a higher reading to be called back earlier. I have noticed from other members that their first readings are higher and over the diabetic level.

If there is one near you this may be an option (I checked for myself and it said nothing within 60 miles lol)

Wondering if it’s got to be a higher reading to be called back earlier. I have noticed from other members that their first readings are higher and over the diabetic level.
If you got yourself a home testing monitor you could make sure you are keeping on track by testing your morning blood glucose every day or week. Granted it won't tell you your HbA1C but you could ask your GP again as it is not unreasonable to have a HbA1C3-6 months after diagnosis to make sure the measures you have taken are being effective.

Hi Theo - if you’re London based, there is a clinic called ‘Spire Medical Group’ - they have a 12 month private Diabetes management plan that costs, I think, £9.95 per month. And amongst other things you get a couple of HBA1c blood tests done.

I cannot speak for their quality nor do I have any affiliation with them but I’ve noticed a big uptick in the private sector offering Diabetics management support to step in given the NHS just isn’t up to it.

I’m giving serious consideration to this avenue as I’ve had the square root of zero support from my GP.

Back