Going private?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

Just logging in after posting this thread in my lunch break and pleased to see all your replies- thank you!

Forgive me for asking Lou, but why is it you want to go private, is it due to the lack of care from your HCP? Personally I would begrudge paying and going private for something that is free on the NHS. Toby.

Absolutely agree with you Toby!

I dont think it is something that I would actually go for, I am not dissatisfied with my healthcare under the NHS. I had to really go through it to get an insulin pump and it was shear misery. My thoughts with this place were that they seem very 'pro' pumping that the message I was getting was you could virtually pay and get on one if you are considered suitable. The whole Omnipod thing- thats very FAST! It isnt being offered at my clinic and mine is one of the leading clinics in the country. Dont get me wrong, I dont want an Omnipod, I just like to keep uo with whats going on in the pumping world!

Perhaps I was drawn in by the website! It all looks so appealing, but I doubt I would ever cough up for it.

I think the omnipod sounds wonderful, and its something Im sure my son, and a lot of other diabetics would be interested in. Nick Jonas has one,(only know about this because of my 15 year old daughter!), but it just brings it home to me that its down to money again. Obvioulsly if you can afford it you can get the best medical care

It seems so doesnt it Carol? A shame, as I can imagine it is something that a young fella would really like, as I know this is really popular with teens in the US. But it seems to get your hands on one this early is exactly that- you have to pay, and I dont know how I feel about that.

I am going on a course there next year, looking forward to it. Will let you know how I find it.

Sounds good Nikki. I read their consultant profiles and they sound amazing! So I bet it will be good.

Thanks so much for everyones replies 🙂

I just checked out this Omnipod (never heard of it 🙄) i am so behind the times! It really incredible. It appears to always come down to costs though in this country which is a shame.

Its amazing to think that in the future this idea/concept will no doubt get smaller and thinner until perhaps you can't see it at all.

Its good news for the future of diabetes though.

Bernie xx

Yeah its interesting isnt it bernie?

Huge in the US. Doesnt sit flat enough for me, but like you say- hopefully the start of things to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back