Going hypo after eating omelettes: how do I bolus for it?

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@Ljc Talking of fruit, I am enjoying stewed plums from the garden with my low carb granola, seeds and yoghurt breakfast at the moment and not having any problem with them spiking me. They are even stewed with a tiny bit of Demerara sugar and a few sweeteners as they are cooking plums. I also found stewed rhubarb and stewed apricots with sweetener worked well with breakfast. Nice to be able to use the garden produce when it is in season. Anyway, just some other suggestions of fruit to try. 2 heaped dessert spoons of the stewed fruit seems to be about the right portion size to get away with for me.
Up until 2 years ago we had a Marjorie Seedling Plum tree i could not tolerate more than a couple, I used to eat them as they were.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have never needed to bolus for protein and have always assumed that I'd have to considerably lower my carb intake more than I ever have or intend to, for the protein element to require any insulin.

I did eat a bit more last week - but was taking more exercise and it was scorchio where we were (Pembrokeshire) so still going hypo here and there some days!

Lanny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I take after my dad in that we don’t like eating fruits: dad dosen’t even like fruit juice; I’d rather drink fruit juice than eat fruit! I find most fresh fruit to be too tart & sour! I sometimes eat tinned pears in juice, never in syrup, as they’re not too tart!

I don’t like sour things & would choose bitter over it any day! My other siblings think dad & me are odd & they also, say that other fruits are much sweeter than pears but, I said they are sweeter, in a way, but, I taste the tartness first & the sweet aftertaste doesn’t make up for that! Coincidentally I don’t like Chinese sweet & sour sauce or chicken & pork dishes either! I can’t stand yogurt either! Urgh!

I find fruit juices can be a bit tart too &, actually, since the sugar tax & concentrated juices are now more watered down, they taste better: I used to water them down myself & still do it now but, not as dilute; MUCH more careful reading of ingredients is needed now as more manufacturers now add sweeteners to compensate for less concentrated juice! It’s a good thing I like vegetables as that’s mainly all of my “5 a day” most days with only the odd time juice or tinned pears!

My sister in law loves sour things, pickles, yogurt etc. & thinks I’m “Nuts”! I, in italics, think she’s “Nuts”! :D:rolleyes: To each; their own!:rolleyes:

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@Ljc Talking of fruit, I am enjoying stewed plums from the garden with my low carb granola, seeds and yoghurt breakfast at the moment and not having any problem with them spiking me. They are even stewed with a tiny bit of Demerara sugar and a few sweeteners as they are cooking plums. I also found stewed rhubarb and stewed apricots with sweetener worked well with breakfast. Nice to be able to use the garden produce when it is in season. Anyway, just some other suggestions of fruit to try. 2 heaped dessert spoons of the stewed fruit seems to be about the right portion size to get away with for me.
DROOL