Freestyle libre not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
this thread is 3 years old so you may wish to start a new one on your issues Stephen

@stephen005 - why aren't you getting it free on prescription?

You only get the alarms on the device you start the sensor with - I believe. Hence whatever device that is, needs to be within a certain distance of the sensor in order for the Bluetooth signal to work. I haven't got em turned on so don't have that prob.

Can't get it on NHS in my area unless I say that my diabetes is so bad that I'm having multiple low's and can't control it. Then I'd have to stop driving.
I've tried starting my sensor with both phone and reader with same result on both. Alarms work for about a day then become highly sporadic and only have a Bluetooth signal about 10% of the time. Always have my phone and reader on me or within the 6m recommendation. Abbott say that the alarms will only work with the device used to start the sensor - not true in my experience. I started last sensor with the reader but have had alarms go off on phone, but only sporadic and not covering all alarm conditions. Not good for your confidence. It is my opinion that the system has been released to the public without carrying out sufficient testing and diagnostics to rectify these type of problems. I love the system and ease of use and the NFC function works great. Shame about the Bluetooth alarm function!!!

Can't get it on NHS in my area unless I say that my diabetes is so bad that I'm having multiple low's and can't control it. Then I'd have to stop driving.
I've tried starting my sensor with both phone and reader with same result on both. Alarms work for about a day then become highly sporadic and only have a Bluetooth signal about 10% of the time. Always have my phone and reader on me or within the 6m recommendation. Abbott say that the alarms will only work with the device used to start the sensor - not true in my experience. I started last sensor with the reader but have had alarms go off on phone, but only sporadic and not covering all alarm conditions. Not good for your confidence. It is my opinion that the system has been released to the public without carrying out sufficient testing and diagnostics to rectify these type of problems. I love the system and ease of use and the NFC function works great. Shame about the Bluetooth alarm function!!!
I use the Bluetooth signal from Libre 2 sensors for all my readings (I use an unofficial system) and have been doing so for months with no problems.
In my experience, the quality of the sensors is absolutely fine and fit for purpose.

I’ve never had a problem with loss of signal on the reader. If I leave it in the bedroom to stagger to the coffee machine in the morning I often hear it chirping that it’s out of range. The phone is no problem either.

There is one circumstance where I get an inappropriate out of range alarm, which is when the sensor is on the right arm, if the reader is in the left trouser pocket, it can’t pick up the signal. I suspect it’s the metal clips on my braces that are acting as a mini Faraday cage. Doesn’t happen if I move reader into the shirt pocket. Same thing happens if the pocket is occupied by loose change, so god only knows what happens within the depths of a ladies handbag.

Best not go there Mikey if you needed any advice!

I’ve never had a problem with loss of signal on the reader. If I leave it in the bedroom to stagger to the coffee machine in the morning I often hear it chirping that it’s out of range. The phone is no problem either.

There is one circumstance where I get an inappropriate out of range alarm, which is when the sensor is on the right arm, if the reader is in the left trouser pocket, it can’t pick up the signal. I suspect it’s the metal clips on my braces that are acting as a mini Faraday cage. Doesn’t happen if I move reader into the shirt pocket. Same thing happens if the pocket is occupied by loose change, so god only knows what happens within the depths of a ladies handbag.
Thanks for that Mikey. If its no better when I start the next sensor think I'll have to talk to Abbott. Probably should have done that anyway.

I have a Samsung S8 and have been using the App to scan this also sends the data direct to the Diabetic Nurses at Warwick Hospital, so the App is fine. But I have had 2 sensors not work at all after I apply them and wait 60 mins! At £49 for each one I cannot afford for them to fail. Also one of the earlier posts said they got the sensor on prescription??!! Where in the country is this allowed?
I live in the NHS Grampian Region and have Freesyle2 on prescription. I had to jump through many hoops to get it including passing 5 on line tests, and a lengthy interview with the Grampian Diabetes consultant

I live in the NHS Grampian Region and have Freesyle2 on prescription. I had to jump through many hoops to get it including passing 5 on line tests, and a lengthy interview with the Grampian Diabetes consultant
Rick Homer's post that you replied to is three years old, and certainly back then in 2018 I was having to self fund. There are now NICE guidelines that all CCGs are supposed to follow, to try and end the postcode lottery. Like you, I still had to jump through umpteen hoops to get mine on prescription, though!

Hi everyone. We recently took delivery, along with a lot of other people in Glasgow, of a new freestyle libre kit. It's for our 14 year old son who, like everyone else, was rather looking forward to a major reduction in the daily blood letting process. We are now on to our third sensor and like the two predecessors it shows no sign of springing into action. We have fitted the sensor according to instructions, the reader seems to work, we've spent quite some time on the help-line, but are getting nowhere and our frustration is increasing. We hold the reader up to the sensor and after a few seconds we get three depressing beeps and an error message.

I'm aware these devices are not without problems but has anyone else experienced problems getting started? Are we missing something?

Thanks

Phil
I would ask Facebook local to talk to other users and they may meet you to help and support you. Good luck

Have had two sensors fail after two days of putting them on and now had to start my third one twelve days earlier. I use the reader as it is a lot more helpful to me. I would also recommend a freestyle Libre adhesive sticker on top as I have had issues with the adhesive stuck to the device. Hoping the saying third time lucky is true. Wish you luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back