Freestyle Libre - Adding Notes on Reader/Libreview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simplicity & convenience really, always have phone near me & when out, quick scan add note if necessary & it all loads to Libre View, not much to dislike really, far better than reader.
Thank you @nonethewiser. I suppose it is a good back up option in the event I forget to add notes using the reader.

Additional Q: Do any blood glucose readings taken using the Libre also transfer to the librelink app/libreview? I've switched my BG test strips to FS Optium, which essentially means I can use the Libre reader for blood and sensor glucose monitoring.

Thank you @nonethewiser. I suppose it is a good back up option in the event I forget to add notes using the reader.

Additional Q: Do any blood glucose readings taken using the Libre also transfer to the librelink app/libreview? I've switched my BG test strips to FS Optium, which essentially means I can use the Libre reader for blood and sensor glucose monitoring.
I use the reader at least once a day for doing blood test, it shows up on the reader with a blood drop icon.

I found the reader more complicated to use but the phone app is easy. Could/must be me I’m a total dinosaur with technology

Think you have to download from reader for it to show on libre view.

Good feature of libre view is sharing data with diabetes team if you want, they can access it before appointments, share mine.

I figured that as I was carrying the phone about with me anyway, why add yet another piece of D kit into the mix? (also extra weight in a handbag the size of Wales :D)

But aside from that I find the reader very clunky to use and it only comes out of the drawer once a fortnight to start a new sensor, in case the phone goes awol or something and I need back-up.

If you have a guilty desire to upgrade your phone, this would be a good excuse!😉

But aside from that I find the reader very clunky to use and it only comes out of the drawer once a fortnight to start a new sensor, in case the phone goes awol or something and I need back-up.
I also much prefer the phone. It takes a little more attention to scan (since the NFC sensor is quite sensitive to positioning; with the Reader it's easier), but the larger screen and so on make up for that. (Things might be different if I wanted to use it while out running or something. Then I'd need to stop to reliably scan with a phone.)

I've just tried Libre with the phone app, however i've noticed the previous data from the reader, or any further logs with the reader, don't transfer across to the phone app. The same goes for scans on reader not showing in phone app. Is this correct, or is there anyway to sync data? I prefer using the dedicated reader, so would be frustrating not having a complete data set on each device.

What happens is that when you use the phone it automatically sends the data to LibreView. The reader doesn’t, so you have to plug the reader into the device running LibreView, and press or click the Upload button on the screen. The data then blends seamlessly.

Since the Libre 2 reader runs with Bluetooth rather than NFC then the reader could well communicate with the phone, thus obviating the need to plug the reader into LibreView, or the reader could send data on its own.

So in that sense, Libre 2 could be a big step forward.

What happens is that when you use the phone it automatically sends the data to LibreView. The reader doesn’t, so you have to plug the reader into the device running LibreView, and press or click the Upload button on the screen. The data then blends seamlessly.

Since the Libre 2 runs with Bluetooth rather than NFC then the reader could well communicate with the phone, thus obviating the need to plug the reader into LibreView, or the reader could send data on its own.

When it arrives!

Since the Libre 2 reader runs with Bluetooth rather than NFC then the reader could well communicate with the phone, thus obviating the need to plug the reader into LibreView, or the reader could send data on its own.

This might change my mind on using the phone as my primary 'reader'. It is more convenient for me to use the main libre reader atm, as I test my BG with this device as well. Just wish the libre 2 reader would include note editing and I would be fine with it overall.

I contacted Abbott this week and iPhone 7 is the earliest device that supports the iOS app. I have an iPhone SE (1st Gen) currently, and really would prefer not to switch if I can just use the reader instead.

Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

You can just use the reader, though I agreed with a post that @SB2015 made the other day saying that the data display was a little better and easier to see on the phone.

When my SE was due for upgrade I specifically opted for an iphone 7 specifically because of the compatibility with Libre, and because it meant I had one fewer device to have to carry when using Libre.

It’s a bit trickier scanning with a phone as the NFC chip seems to have a wider ‘grab’ area with the reader.

Of course you can run the two in parallel as long as you scan with the reader at least 3x a day and have the best of both worlds - though it’s a little irritating that the two sets of data are kept completely separate

I have experience of three different phones (all Android) with the Libre.
Once I have worked out where the NFC receiver is on the phone (they all differ). I have had no problems using the phone app and definitely prefer it.
From my experience, different phones have different size of areas that can be used for scanning. So all the comments that "the NFC is sensitive to scanning" is totally dependent on the phone you use. I highly recommend trying it rather than be put of my someone's experience of what is likely to be a different phone.

You can set the Libre reader to record half units if you go to the Settings section, choose Professional (with the padlock symbol) and enter the code caa1c.
Thanks for this.
New to Libre 2 & use half units. DSN not aware this could be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back