Freestyle Libre - Adding Notes on Reader/Libreview

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielmg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to check if anyone knows whether it's possible to still add notes to glucose readings after the '15 min window' for editing has passed? I forgot to add my insulin dose and carb amount to a reading, and is a little frustrating not being able to edit after this time. I've checked on libreview as well, but doesn't seem to be any edit function; just locked reports.

Thank you for any help.

I use LibreLink on my iPhone and it's possible to add or edit a note at any time. Edit by bringing up the reading and touching the little blue pencil at bottom right. Sorry. I don't know about the reader as I only ever use that to start a sensor

I use LibreLink on my iPhone and it's possible to add or edit a note at any time. Edit by bringing up the reading and touching the little blue pencil at bottom right. Sorry. I don't know about the reader as I only ever use that to start a sensor
Thank you @JJay, this is very helpful. I'll have to upgrade my phone first as my current device (iPhone SE 1st Gen) isn't able to run Librelink for some reason.

Hi Daniel.
Can't help I'm afraid but I often forget to add info and miss the short time frame of adding it. My android phone isn't compatible with LibreLink so I only have the reader and find it very frustrating. It often happens when I have a hypo and I am too busy taking a treatment and checking with a finger prick to remember to input the carbs into the reader, or I scan again shortly afterwards and that stops the ability to add any info to the previous entry, so my food or insulin has to added to the next scan which then puts the timing out of sync. I too had hoped that it would be possible to rectify it on LibreView but haven't found a way to do it. Very annoying that the option is there with LibreLink but not LibreView.

Hi Daniel.
Can't help I'm afraid but I often forget to add info and miss the short time frame of adding it. My android phone isn't compatible with LibreLink so I only have the reader and find it very frustrating. It often happens when I have a hypo and I am too busy taking a treatment and checking with a finger prick to remember to input the carbs into the reader, or I scan again shortly afterwards and that stops the ability to add any info to the previous entry, so my food or insulin has to added to the next scan which then puts the timing out of sync. I too had hoped that it would be possible to rectify it on LibreView but haven't found a way to do it. Very annoying that the option is there with LibreLink but not LibreView.
Hopefully a possible update for Libreview in the future. I'm also abit frustrated by the 'daily mealtime patterns' chart in Libreview as well. I normally check my BG 2hrs from finishing my meal, however the Libre is automatically set up to record sensor glucose 2hrs post reading.

NICE guidelines say "If you have to test after a meal, the target level at least 90 minutes after eating is between 5 and 9 mmol/litre." Therefore, unless your pre-meal reading was taken a long time before you start eating, you should be within the window. However, there's nothing to stop you taking another reading just as you begin to eat, and your next alert will be 2 hours from then (but you can scan as often as you like!)

NICE guidelines say "If you have to test after a meal, the target level at least 90 minutes after eating is between 5 and 9 mmol/litre." Therefore, unless your pre-meal reading was taken a long time before you start eating, you should be within the window. However, there's nothing to stop you taking another reading just as you begin to eat, and your next alert will be 2 hours from then (but you can scan as often as you like!)
Thank you @JJay. I just try to keep it standardised to 2hrs as i'm only using small amounts of insulin at the moment and very sensitive to low BG's. A good idea though to scan during or just after meal, which would make the libreview chart more suited to my needs.

@danielmg the two hours advice is one of the many approximations associated with diabetes management.
I believe the idea is that after 2 hours, your blood sugar peak should be over. In reality, it depends what you eat. As someone with T1, you know that fast acting carbs will peak much much earlier but some slower acting meals (such as the curry I had last night) could peak 5 or 6 hours later.
For this reason, I don't get hung up on this NICE advice but try to maximise Time in Range on my Libre.throughout the day.

Another thing I just thought is whether or not Libre allows 1/2 units to be recorded on the reader/app? I may have to start using a pen with 0.5 increments soon, but can't see any way of recording anything other than whole numbers.

Another thing I just thought is whether or not Libre allows 1/2 units to be recorded on the reader/app? I may have to start using a pen with 0.5 increments soon, but can't see any way of recording anything other than whole numbers.
You can set the Libre reader to record half units if you go to the Settings section, choose Professional (with the padlock symbol) and enter the code caa1c.

You can set the Libre reader to record half units if you go to the Settings section, choose Professional (with the padlock symbol) and enter the code caa1c.
Thank you @Robin that is very helpful. Did you find this code from your local clinic or is it in the manual?

Yes to both xx

Someone very usefully posted it on this forum a while ago, just when I needed it!
Passing down the knowledge 🙂 Thank you.

The early 15 min lockout silliness was one of the reasons I never adopted logging data in Libre. It’s my information, and I much prefer it if I can correct any errors or add any details I forget at any point!

Has there been any such updates to Libre 2 does anybody know? I only know of the alarm system being the main difference between 1 & 2 thus far (as well as overall accuracy apparently).

I’m hoping to find out a bit more about Libre2 over the next week or so.

For those who have experience using the Freestyle LibreLink App & the dedicated reader, are there any pros to the app in terms to management of readings (other than the aforementioned editing of notes)?

I contacted Abbott this week and iPhone 7 is the earliest device that supports the iOS app. I have an iPhone SE (1st Gen) currently, and really would prefer not to switch if I can just use the reader instead.

Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

For those who have experience using the Freestyle LibreLink App & the dedicated reader, are there any pros to the app in terms to management of readings (other than the aforementioned editing of notes)?

Simplicity & convenience really, always have phone near me & when out, quick scan add note if necessary & it all loads to Libre View, not much to dislike really, far better than reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back