Free replacement meters, Batteries etc at Friends for Life at Abbotts Diabetes Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wanted the other style freestyle tbh not the optium so think i be ok

@LittleMissLoz - My brother has the Optium Xceed and thought they sent him the wrong cable, but it turns out the cable plugs into the bit where the blood/ketone test strips go. Just wondered if you'd tried that?

I'm still waiting impatiently for the Bayer Contour USB 😉

NiVZ

@LittleMissLoz - My brother has the Optium Xceed and thought they sent him the wrong cable, but it turns out the cable plugs into the bit where the blood/ketone test strips go. Just wondered if you'd tried that?

NiVZ

the bit i got had a round end on it so it needs to be square to go in, but i got a phone call today sayin that they have sent me the wrong one so the new one is getting sent out :D:D

NiVZ

Have you not got it yet?? It's good I highly recommend it😉

😛 Don't worry I haven't either, although I am tempted to ring a mate who's got mates in the US!!

Hello,

Nice wind up Rossi 😛 I've signed up for every method of communication so I'll hear about the USB meter as soon as it's out 😉

I noticed that Bayer have made their MAC software available for download again. If any of you MAC users have a Bayer meter, just go and join the Bayer US site and you can get the software for free.

Register on this page and then click the "WinGlucoFacts Deluxe" link on the left hand side.

You can choose to download either the WINDOWS or MAC version.

http://www.simplewins.com/site/Adults/Monitor

NiVZ

just got hold of an optimum exceed from them. They said if i was only going to use it for ketone testing then i'd have to pay...so i was like... er...i'll use it for blood too?

:D

Hello,

Nice wind up Rossi 😛 I've signed up for every method of communication so I'll hear about the USB meter as soon as it's out 😉

I noticed that Bayer have made their MAC software available for download again. If any of you MAC users have a Bayer meter, just go and join the Bayer US site and you can get the software for free.

Register on this page and then click the "WinGlucoFacts Deluxe" link on the left hand side.

You can choose to download either the WINDOWS or MAC version.

http://www.simplewins.com/site/Adults/Monitor

NiVZ

No problem mate, it keeps me going!!

Cheers for the nod on mac software lets see if it actually works!!

the bit i got had a round end on it so it needs to be square to go in, but i got a phone call today sayin that they have sent me the wrong one so the new one is getting sent out :D:D

I hope you can use it when you get it. We got the right cable, but it turns out the software doesn't work on Vista.

I hope you can use it when you get it. We got the right cable, but it turns out the software doesn't work on Vista.

oh dear i have vista... we shall see what happens, fingers crossed

I still aint rang im to scared 🙄

Lol what u like 😛

i hate phoning different places like hospitals or banks or somethin cause i always get muddled up with what im sayin. it never comes out the way i want it too 😛

Lol what u like 😛

i hate phoning different places like hospitals or banks or somethin cause i always get muddled up with what im sayin. it never comes out the way i want it too 😛

I just dont wanna get told no

I'm still busy trying to write my own meter software. I figured out the One Touch Ultra Easy, and am about 90% of the way there with the One Touch Ultra Smart. If I get that working, the Optium Xceed is next., unless the Bayer USB is released first cos it will get to jump the queue 😉

However, even with my own program, you still need to have the manufacturers cable driver installed so if thats the problem with Vista then the no software will work with it :(

[EDIT] Abbot's website says it should work with Vista. Check the Co-Pilot System Requirements here:

http://www.abbottdiabetescare.co.uk/inspired-products/optium-xceed/downloads/faqs

NiVZ

Last edited:
No problem mate, it keeps me going!!

Cheers for the nod on mac software lets see if it actually works!!

No worries. Be interested to know if the MAC software works. The WinGlucoFacts Deluxe software is supposed to support all the current Bayer meters.

NiVZ

[EDIT] Abbot's website says it should work with Vista. Check the Co-Pilot System Requirements here:

http://www.abbottdiabetescare.co.uk/inspired-products/optium-xceed/downloads/faqs

NiVZ

Ooo! Maybe they've changed it since we got our cable? Will have a look.

EDIT - Well, it says they've changed it to work with Vista now, but I still can't install it on our PC. :-( I can download it and start installing it, but it won't complete, and doesn't give a clear reason why. :-(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back