Free replacement meters, Batteries etc at Friends for Life at Abbotts Diabetes Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzydi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi All,

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not amongs us Diabetics.

As a member of Friends for Life you can look forward to a superior level of care and service.At Abbott Diabetes Care we are committed to helping you manage your diabetes better and our Friends for Life commitment entitles you to Free help and advice from our Customer Care Line, Free replacement product: meter, lancing device and batteries. Free monitoring support: download cable and software and free educational materials: regular magazine, informative booklets and website.

http://www.abbottdiabetescare.co.uk/

I've had batteries before, and get the magazine, which is ok for a 5 minutes read.
always had good service from Abbott

Im a member of circle for life and get the free gear ty Di i also get the mag

All the meter manufacturers supply batteries, control solution and any other consumables, plus replacement meters free of charge.

It's their way of keeping you tied into their brand and your prescription for their test strips each month.

I've used a couple of manufacturers, not Abbot and have always had first class service, often cables should be charged but the agents will usually send one free. The same with upgrades to meters for new features, perhaps a tenner, usually they 'manage' to loose one for gratis.

Reassuring to know someone in this world looks after their customers on an on-going basis.

my cable came for my meter today. cant be bothered to try it the now though lol

will do tommorow 😛

I really want an optimum exceed for the ketones testing. If I phoned them would they send one?

I really want an optimum exceed for the ketones testing. If I phoned them would they send one?

thats the meter i have and i love it for the ketone testing cause you can detect ketones earlier with blood than with urine.

im sure they would....

i phoned with my faulty freestyle one and they sent me out the optium one which is so much better.

just tryed to set up the cable but they have sent me the wrong one...

fun fun fun...

So if i wanted i could ring and get another meter or does they have to be something wrong with my current one?

ive only ever rang them once and that was to send me solution

all you can do is phone and see what they say but im sure they would give you a free one if you say you would like to do ketone testing and your current meter doesnt do that then they might think it will be a good idea to give u the optium one so u can ketone test. 🙂

all you can do is phone and see what they say but im sure they would give you a free one if you say you would like to do ketone testing and your current meter doesnt do that then they might think it will be a good idea to give u the optium one so u can ketone test. 🙂

thanks loz will do it tomoz

I doubt if your doctor would prescribe ketone testing strips Steff. They're much more expensive than ordinary strips and Type 2s don't have the same risks of ketones as insulin users.

yeah thats true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back