Forum's 1st Official Birthday!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, today marks the official first birthday of the forum, as it was officially launched last year on World Diabetes Day!

Many, many thanks to all those wonderful people who have participated and helped to make this such an outstanding success!!!

11514.gif

http://www.worlddiabetesday.org/

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FORUM!

Woop Wooo

Yeah baby!!

Congratulations to the forum.

You're all gggreat and this place is a god send thank you for being here.

If today is the forums first birthday, how come I managed to become a member in October 2008, that aside Happy Birthday.

John.

If today is the forums first birthday, how come I managed to become a member in October 2008, that aside Happy Birthday.

John.

You must have had insider knowledge John! I think a lot of the early members first heard of the place from Balance - where did you find it? We had 17 members before November 12th, which is when I guess people started getting Balance, as then we got between 10 and 38 members a day through the rest of November. 38 is still the highest number of members in one day!🙂

I think the site was live for a few weeks before the official launch when it started to be publicised.

Northerner.

I once belonged to a American Diabetes Group on the old MSN groups, and our long lost Admin who set up this group was also a member I believe, she put a message on the message board saying that she had opened this forum for people in the UK, so I joined there and then.
One thing I will say, having been both member and manager of many groups over the years, and in spite of being on the point of leaving this one on a couple of occasions. IT IS THE BEST GROUP I HAVE EVER KNOWN. there are so many great people here with a wealth of knowledge, the parents/carers are an inspiration and in my opinion are angels, and you yourself have coped well and been very diplomatic in your time as Admin.
So great work everyone, long may it continue.

John.

Thank you for that bit of history John, and also your kind words. I agree about the parents/carers too - they are absolutely wonderful and I've learned so much from them - not just about diabetes.🙂

Happy Birthday!

Congratulations, Northerner, on the success of the site!

It is a pleasure being part of it. Long may it continue!

Lovely post, John.

Mand 🙂🙂

congratulatiions forum on your 1st birthday.

i hope to be able to contribute to the forum a lot and also to gain a lot off the forum to 🙂

Happy birthday to all - and especially to Admin, the woman who set this up. Hope she checks in from maternity leave soon!

This site has helped me over the last year Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday forum!!

I thought it was broken when I first logged on today because when I clicked onto the general message board, the new pumpers sum-forum was the only bit that fits on my screen, until I evenually realised I needed to scroll down 😉

Last edited:
Happy Birthday forum!!

I thought it was broken when I first logged on today because when I clicked onto the general message board, the new pumpers sum-forum was the only big that fits on my screen, until I evenually realised I needed to scroll down 😉

Yes, I wasn't sure whether to make it a sub-forum, or a board from the front menu. Given that the Pumper's Thread was a sticky anyway, I thought I would just put this in its place. 🙂

Last edited:
Wooo!! Happy Birthday to the forum and a big thank you to all it's wonderful members. Glad I found you all.

103011.gif

xx

Happy Birthday and congrats to everyone for making this such a great place.

Last edited:
Happy birthday forum!

I do belive that I might have joined in November but I reckon that I only really began posting in sort of January of this year.

Tom

Happy birthday forum I must have joined a week or so after it started I never realised! I love this site and all the wondeful people who are here it's helped me a lot over the last year :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back