Forum upgraded

Anna DUK

Online Community Team Leader
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Pronouns
She/Her
Just to let you know our forum platform has had a little upgrade (sorry if you experienced any glitches), and a few things look different, plus some additional bits, like 'trending content' which sits on the main forum list on the right hand side (below latest posts). Emojis look different too. 😎
Feel free to ask any questions or give general feedback on this thread if you like. ❤️

I would like 1 or 2 more emotes pleading.jpg

These are a few that maybe you could consider?Untitled.jpg

Hi, not sure if this is connected to upgrade as I’m new to forum but I’m unable to post a reply to a recent thread I started as it keeps coming up with messages that I’m posting spam. Iain

I’m sorry about that! Would you be able to send me the message as a pm so we could check if anything is ‘flagging’ it?

Message - “Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator”
Seems odd because I can reply to this thread with no issues

Hi, not sure if this is connected to upgrade as I’m new to forum but I’m unable to post a reply to a recent thread I started as it keeps coming up with messages that I’m posting spam. Iain
I did type up a message about test posting, but deleted my message as I found the issue.

You have only posted in 2 threads, this one and your original thread which looks as if it is locked due to the post being old (I assume it's an auto-lock)
iainB.jpg

Last edited:
ALL threads more than 3 months old have been locked. This is new. It is sometimes annoying when people post on threads that are years old, but 3 months seems a very short time.

The last few days all links have become invisible, I presume this is the update. I use Dark Mode, and the blue on dark grey is now illegible. I can see there is a link, but not read the wording. I won't be clicking links before I know what they are. I tried reverting to Default Mode or High Contrast, but Dark Mode is the only one that is comfortable to use for any length of time.

I did type up a message about test posting, but deleted my message as I found the issue.

You have only posted in 2 threads, this one and your original thread which looks as if it is locked due to the post being old (I assume it's an auto-lock)
View attachment 31119
The thread was started by me 2 days ago, and I have tried changing the wording including just “thanks” and the same spam message appears

The thread was started by me 2 days ago, and I have tried changing the wording including just “thanks” and the same spam message appears
Can you tell us the title of the thread, because as stated by @s'nic there are only 2 threads showing on your profile and one is your intro thread from last year and the other is this thread.

Title is Dexcom 1+ and was posted under Diabetes Management - Blood Glucose Management at 7.14pm yesterday

Title is Dexcom 1+ and was posted under Diabetes Management - Blood Glucose Management at 7.14pm yesterday
Problem solved - you posted that in the OTHER (red) forum!!

Please explain, what is the OTHER (red) forum, thanks
This forum is diabetes.org.uk. The red one is diabetes.co.uk. They are not connected.

Problem solved - you posted that in the OTHER (red) forum!!

I was just starting to wonder if that might be the problem as I couldn't find anything with that title or that section here!

ALL threads more than 3 months old have been locked. This is new. It is sometimes annoying when people post on threads that are years old, but 3 months seems a very short time.
Fully agree with you @silentsquirrel. Who decided that a 3month lock was necessary and by what rationale?
The last few days all links have become invisible, I presume this is the update. I use Dark Mode, and the blue on dark grey is now illegible. I can see there is a link, but not read the wording. I won't be clicking links before I know what they are. I tried reverting to Default Mode or High Contrast, but Dark Mode is the only one that is comfortable to use for any length of time.
Likewise the colour changes are dreadful. I know I have a certain amount of colour blindness and these changes are a major step backwards for me. Certainly not helpful. Again who and why? I'm not aware of even any minor suggestion that these changes would help - they are great examples of if its not broken why try to fix it!

Back