Football

We’ve had enough dodgy decision go against us in huge matches (Maradonna’s Hand of God anyone?) to just accept that this time it went our way and move on.

Ref didn’t call it to begin with - it was VAR that intervened. Which meant the ref had time to take a close look and decide.

Don’t fancy our chances much on Sunday, but we generally play better against better teams, and when we are not favourite. And they seem to be improving as the tournament progresses so who knows?!

Will it be a Spain one-two?

Alcaraz was sublime. An absolute torrent of ferocious tennis. With just a fleeting whiff of wobble and vulnerability to prove he is actually human.

(screenshot here from a Discord group I'm in ...)

uk football fans keeping their awesome reputation afloat
1720989501913.png

Best team won no one can argue with that.

Thought Shaw Stones put in solid performances as did Pickford, why oh why Kane was in starting line up was baffling, Watkins should have started & if need be bring Kane on in last 20mins.

Anyway England were lucky to get drawn into easy group, first real test for them was last night against Spain who were by far best team in tournament, scoreline could have been worse so some credit to boys.

England had easy groups for this and the precious Euro, and for the 2022 Wordle Cup. I saw an argument we should keep Southgate as the World Cup is only two years away but there is always a major tournament two or less years away. We need a change of manager and captain (Harry has looked out of sorts since his spat with Tottenham a few years ago, and does not perform in a way to inspire others). Let's not forget the Lionesses brought the trophy home! 🙂

Let's not forget the Lionesses brought the trophy home!

That does seem to be repeatedly forgotten by pundits, commentators, and players alike!

Lost count of the number of times I heard “England haven't won a major competition for x years…” or similar 🙄

That's Southgate away then, hope they go for either Klopp or wait until next year then go for Guardiola when he leaves Man City.

Guardiola would be my first choice if he did leave & was up to challenge of managing England.

That does seem to be repeatedly forgotten by pundits, commentators, and players alike!

Lost count of the number of times I heard “England haven't won a major competition for x years…” or similar 🙄
Interesting that the Men's Euro final was the same countries as the Women's World Cup Final.

What a shame, news saying that Sven Goran Eriksson has passed away after brave battle with cancer.

Always come across as a nice guy.

Back