Football

EMcKT

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Dont want to offend but if I see anymore........ About to hunt for the gin, any old crisps I can find, the unopened jar of chocolate spread and the choc biscuit tin. I am so fed up with it every evening with the presumption that we all want to watch. Scotland pac ked their bagpipes and went home and England squeezed a win tonight..........lord , there must be more to life than this .....oh the election.............well. I think I might be better reading previous posts on this forum.

You forgot the wall to wall Glastonbury.

2 weeks of Wimbledon starting tomorrow, too.

Three week Tour de France started on Saturday, Henley Renetta runs from Tuesday 2nd July to Saturday 7th July, The Open July 14th - 21st and the Paris Olympics from the 26th July I am tired already! :rofl:

Don't mind the Tour de France, but it started in Italy this year, towards Turin. It seems that I am not the only one non sport.

Ummmm.
So the complaint is that there is nothing in the media but football.
Oh, and politics.
Oh, and Glosto.
And ….

Reminds me of the (very) old Monty Python sketch about the Spanish Inquisition.
Or the one with Eric Idle as an announcer, ' There's sport on BBC1. For those of you who don't like sport, there's sport on BBC2.'

Dont want to offend but if I see anymore........ About to hunt for the gin, any old crisps I can find, the unopened jar of chocolate spread and the choc biscuit tin. I am so fed up with it every evening with the presumption that we all want to watch. Scotland pac ked their bagpipes and went home and England squeezed a win tonight..........lord , there must be more to life than this .....oh the election.............well. I think I might be better reading previous posts on this forum.

Euro 2024 is only on for 4 weeks, not like those dreadful soaps that are on several times a week 52 weeks of the year.

Nonethewiser.......take your point but they are only on for half an hour and not wall to wall, and the BBC ones get bumped....

There's never been such a variety of free to air channels. If two of them are showing football you'll have plenty of others to choose from and that's before you try catch-up or streaming.

Even if you enjoy the sport it’s still annoying, you’re watching a really exciting match and then have to change channels because it’s time for the news, oh but if you want to keep watching this match just switch to BBC2, then less than an hour later you have to switch back again, can’t they arrange things so that one match stays on one channel? And keep special channels for the sport so that those people who don’t like it can have other channels for all their programmes without them getting moved around or cancelled just because of sporting events. As far as Wimbledon is concerned though I think you can watch a lot more of the matches on iplayer now so maybe I shall have to start watching it that way all the time! I have no interest in football at all, but shall watch some of the Olympics and that’s good on iplayer because you can pick and choose which bits interest you.

Nonethewiser.......take your point but they are only on for half an hour and not wall to wall, and the BBC ones get bumped....

But those half hours soon add up over course of a week.

Not against soaps & such but you have to give & take when it comes to what's shown on tv, besides football is more often than enough on pay to view channels like Sky so it's nice change for those who don't have available funds to enjoy watching on BBC ITV.

Turned the football off. It was not as penalty just Kane going after an Oscar!

And Lee Dixon should be ashamed by that totally unsporting comment!

Last edited:
Well don't think Dutch would argue if it was awarded to them, there's more than enough soft penalty decisions so happy to take it.

Why oh why Southgate didn't bring Watkins on earlier is baffling, apart from penalty Kane was like old cart horse on that field, really think Watkins should start ahead of him in final but that's not going to happen is it.

Spain will be different match altogether, they've been by far best team in tournament with their attacking style of play, of course we'll be second fav for final but with determination & right tactics we could win it, well hopefully so anyway.

Back