Food products for low sugar diets

Unfortunately there's no evidence that cranberry is helpful for cystitis. A study was done recently on the subject and i think it was on the news. Cranberry juice actually made me worse.
I think this is one of the things that work for some people and not others. The way the cranberry is supposed to be effective is in preventing the bacteria from sticking to the cells inside the bladder and forming a biofilm which can be harder to treat.
The problem with UTIs is it important to use the correct antibiotic which acts in the right place and that is something that can take several attempts. They would need to send a sample to the lab for cultures and antibiotic screening.
High blood glucose is not helpful as you may be excreting glucose which provides a lovely environment for those bacteria to multiply.

I found cranberry tablets helped me when I had a horrible few years of recurrent cystitis. I then stopped taking them and the cystitis came back. They weren’t too expensive so worth a try, I’d think.

Back