flu jab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitty

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had my flu jab on thursday and so far have had no side affects,just a sore red arm.Has anyone else had the jab and had no side affects.Ive erad so much about some people being so ill after the jab they wish they had neber had it.I was almost not going to have it until i spoke to the nurse and she tolf me that all the staff at the surgery had had it with only 1 being affected by side affects.So im just keeping my fingers crossed that im not speaking to soon.

My son had it ten days ago. He had a sore and 'heavy' arm for three days but no other side effects and is fine now. 🙂

I had the seasonal flu jab back in September with no side effects at all, not even the sore arm. Off fir the swine flu one this morning so hoping it's the same story!

had it done yesterday, a tiny bit of swelling last night, I could feel it but you could't call it sore. This morning fine...hope it stays that way.

had it done yesterday, a tiny bit of swelling last night, I could feel it but you could't call it sore. This morning fine...hope it stays that way.

I had the seasonal flu jab back in September with no side effects at all, not even the sore arm. Off fir the swine flu one this morning so hoping it's the same story!

I also had seasonal one a couple of weeks ago with no problems, and have just had my swine flu one - so time will tell! I thought it rather amusing that the nurse asked if I was allergic to mercury - we all are aren't we? It's poisonous!😱🙄

Had my flu jab in Oct- no side effects at all just a very sore arm! xx

I also had seasonal one a couple of weeks ago with no problems, and have just had my swine flu one - so time will tell! I thought it rather amusing that the nurse asked if I was allergic to mercury - we all are aren't we? It's poisonous!😱🙄

Just got back from mine, arm feels a little heavy but I suppose watch this space for later

11 hours after jab and my arm is really quite sore - much more than the seasonal flu job. Let's see what it's like by the morning!😱

11 hours after jab and my arm is really quite sore - much more than the seasonal flu job. Let's see what it's like by the morning!😱

My arm is still really sore, didn't help that I've just been squashed in the middle seat of a car, going round corners it got bashed so much!

I'm also really really tired and feel totally drained, but that may have nothing to do with the jab, no way of telling I suppose. Feeling zapped of energy all of a sudden though (over last half hour) so hope I'm not coming down with anything.

Definately not having the high sugars thing. Just went out for my house Christmas meal. Went to this amazing burger place in Norwich, massive burger with the biggest portion of fries you've ever seen. Amazingly 2 1/2 hours after eating I'm at 7.8!

My arm is still really sore, didn't help that I've just been squashed in the middle seat of a car, going round corners it got bashed so much!

I'm also really really tired and feel totally drained, but that may have nothing to do with the jab, no way of telling I suppose. Feeling zapped of energy all of a sudden though (over last half hour) so hope I'm not coming down with anything.

Definately not having the high sugars thing. Just went out for my house Christmas meal. Went to this amazing burger place in Norwich, massive burger with the biggest portion of fries you've ever seen. Amazingly 2 1/2 hours after eating I'm at 7.8!

Aymes that was me exactly very sore arm for a couple of days or more and I think it was day 2 or 3 I felt sooo whacked almost had a day at home! But it soon passed, still better than the real thing!!

...Definately not having the high sugars thing. Just went out for my house Christmas meal. Went to this amazing burger place in Norwich, massive burger with the biggest portion of fries you've ever seen. Amazingly 2 1/2 hours after eating I'm at 7.8!

I haven't had the high levels either - 4.3 pre lunch, 3.7 pre tea, and 4.4 just now before bed - having some toast!

Sorry, i forgot to say it was the swine flu jab i had on thursday,i had seasonal flu jab in october.Up until now ive still had no side affects,although i just tested my blood and it was 13.9,that is quite high for me at this time of night,ill check again before i go to bed.

Well, arm still very painful, don't feel as ill as I did last night (felt really rough for a few hours after I posted on here) now just a bit lethargic really. blood sugars have been elevated a bit today but don't know if that's from the jab or just the weekend! Still, much better this for a few days than deal with the real thing!

I was fine, just where the jab was done being a little tender for a day or so...

My wife had her usual flu jab three weeks ago with no ill effects apart from being a bit tender at the injection point for a couple of days.
Last week she had the swine flu jab, her arm is much sorer & red (a cold compress seems to help) & she felt nauseous for a few days.
One of her friends (not diabetic) has been a lot worse with pain,sickness etc.
it just seems to affect everyone differently with no way of predicting who will
have the worse reactions.

My blood sugars didn't go up as I was expecting, infact I had a hypo the next day my first one since early september. Arm sore when I touch or bang it but not sore when I move my arm around now so it's improving.

Had my swine flu jab last Friday and just had a very sore arm. It was much sorer than the seasonal jab - but it's fine now. No high blood sugars or any other side effects. Phew!

When I had the seasonal one, i didnt have any problems at all.

Had the swine flu one on saturday morning and my arm is now quite swollen, red, tender and itchy. It said in the leaflet that these were quite common side affects. Strange though, when the seasonal one was fine!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back