Flu jab delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it, Sharron, my appointment at the surgery was around that time, and it’s since been cancelled.
It's a race between when gvt decides Covid booster jab to be given or the flu jab!!

As I do every year, I will be getting my flu jab.
My surgery and local pharmacist hand them out and I get it some time between September and November.
I am confident I will be able to get one in this time so am pretty chilled regarding the current shortage.

Some (possibly, more knowledgeable) members of the forum seem to be very concerned. Is this a fear of not getting the jab at all, getting it later than usual (if so, why is this a problem provided it is before the peak flu season?), at a time when is less convenient or am I misinterpreting a general chitchat as a concern?

I'm not alarmed, so long as we do get it sometime.

Ive booked in for 24th September at Boots.

As I do every year, I will be getting my flu jab.
My surgery and local pharmacist hand them out and I get it some time between September and November.
I am confident I will be able to get one in this time so am pretty chilled regarding the current shortage.

Some (possibly, more knowledgeable) members of the forum seem to be very concerned. Is this a fear of not getting the jab at all, getting it later than usual (if so, why is this a problem provided it is before the peak flu season?), at a time when is less convenient or am I misinterpreting a general chitchat as a concern?
Not alarmed, am sure I will get one but the problem is arranging time off work...

Having had flu over Xmas one year there's no way Pedro I don't want mine - but we haven't heard a peep about them yet.

Having been told 2 days ago no jab until November, I was today given the date 22 September by the GP surgery, as a clinically vulnerable person. Pleased but I'll see if it gets cancelled - not holding my breathe!!

I was getting mine on 18th September but the clinic has been cancelled. I will ask in local pharmacies but not holding my breath.

My Nan has been booked in for 18th but will have to see if it goes ahead. I’ve heard nothing from GP so I’ll keep my boots appointment for now.

Ditto, our clinic in 16th has been csncelled as were the blood tests I was supposed to get last Weds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back